• The KillerFrogs

On3: Predicting ceiling, floor for TCU in 2024 season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Predicting ceiling, floor for TCU in 2024 season​

Story by Dan Morrison

BB1nyj66.img

The TCU Horned Frogs are looking to bounce back from a disappointing 2023 season, which saw them miss a bowl game after playing for a national title the year before. That, should, make for an interesting third season for head coach Sonny Dykes.

With that context in mind, Andy Staples and Ari Temkin of Big 12 Radio broke down TCU for the upcoming season on Andy Staples On3. While there, they predicted what the win ceiling and floor could be for TCU in the 2024 season.

Together, they agreed that TCU has more than a few questions to answer going into the 2024 season. Because of that, their ceiling is likely around eight games while the floor is a repeat of last season and would end in four or five wins.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/predicting-ceiling-floor-for-tcu-in-2024-season/ar-BB1nybTK

vicarfrog

Hate to say it, but that’s a fair assessment. We have a ton of question marks such as: Is a Briles an OC who just didn’t have his guys to make his system work, or does he really call plays like he’s playing a video game?
Will the OL be improved?

Not saying we’ll be bad, but just too many question marks to feel good about the season.

FrogAbroad

Over the past dozen seasons we've won 8 or more games 4 times. I think an 8-4 regular season is about the best we can expect, but we'll need a bit of luck to surpass 7-5. Bowl game? Maybe the Cheez-It or the Texas.

DeuceBoogieNights

Hate to say it, but that’s a fair assessment. We have a ton of question marks such as: Is a Briles an OC who just didn’t have his guys to make his system work, or does he really call plays like he’s playing a video game?
Will the OL be improved?

Not saying we’ll be bad, but just too many question marks to feel good about the season.

Lots of questions.

New defensive coordinator
Quarterback
Is Dykes a fraud
Can we get a pass rush

Limey Frog

The good news is that TCU football usually has its best years when expectations aren't high. The bad news is that expectations aren't high because there aren't a lot of obvious stars in the places we really need them. Hoover needs to stay healthy and be a huge surprise, and stars need to emerge along both lines. Also one coordinator is brand new and the other needs to prove he can do more than generate empty-calorie yardage. That's a heck of a lot to ask for at the same time. The likelihood of it all coming off well is low. Probably some of these things will come together and we'll be better, but maybe not much better.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What was their prediction in 2010, 2014, and 2022?
2010 was looked at as a very, very promising season. And it was!

I do not believe we have the core of exceptional kids at the right spots to be the Sleeping Giants of 2014, or 2022, nor do I feel that the leadership is there from the Staff to channel what skills we have effectively and efficiently. Like others have said, I could be wrong. I have been many times.

We shall see.