• The KillerFrogs

OKLASTATE AND THE MEDIA

East Coast

Tier 1
A 1 loss conference champion TCU, Oklahoma State, Oregon, and even Clemson will not make the CFP over a non champ 1 loss Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, and maybe even Tennessee. USC might. The agenda is set, and Clemson has 62% odds based on the fact no one believes there is anyone in the ACC that can beat them, even on a neutral field. Very simply, we have to run the table or root for chaos. We've known this since 2014, and if anything the bias has become worse.

CountryFrog

I recommend Crane and Company for good college football talk. They talk all sports but mostly NFL and college football. They give a good amount of praise to the Big 12 and to TCU.

Real Frog

Did you see this garbage?

Per ESPN's own odds on their Twitter account about their propitiatory playoff, the top six are "separating themselves".

We are unbeaten. No one has separated themselves from us in any substantive or objective way. Maybe they will, but they haven't. Unless you want to believe that they have.

SEC is not getting 3 teams in the CFP so their top 6 will change, click bait.

Wexahu

SEC is not getting 3 teams in the CFP so their top 6 will change, click bait.
Clickbait or just a prediction based on remaining schedules and probability of teams winning or losing games. One or two surprise results will completely flip everything.

It’s basically meaningless but of course everyone will jump to their conclusions, and ESPN knows it’s like chum in the water to college football fans so they put it out.

Real Frog

Clickbait or just a prediction based on remaining schedules and probability of teams winning or losing games. One or two surprise results will completely flip everything.

It’s basically meaningless but of course everyone will jump to their conclusions, and ESPN knows it’s like chum in the water to college football fans so they put it out.
More about the 6 separating, which as of now they are, if taken literally. Simple point was that will not be possible by end of season. The graphic is an insinuation that the 6 are off to the races. Click bait removal.

Zubaz

It's also not cumulative. Ohio State having an 81% chance and Michigan at 49% doesn't mean that those are the odds both will get in, because they will play each other. Same for Tennessee-Georgia, and SEC East champ vs. Alabama. And as you say, that's assuming no upsets like Ole Miss beating Alabama, or someone catching Georgia sleeping.

It's all meaningless until CCG weekend, same as it is literally every single year.

Toad Jones

Tonight at aprox 7:00 pm on the Big 12 radio show, (ESPN) four guys spoke of TCU's performance on the field. Said over and over TCU deserves more attention and one guy said they are a hell of a team. (sorry no names) That continued for the better part of an hour. One of those guys said I don't give [ Finebaum ] but TCU deserves more credit. Talked about Miller, QJ, Wiley, and Max. Said Max was a little notch below the Ohio State in ability and talent.

Then at 8 pm the same guy said I want to talk about Gary Patterson. He said with basically the same personnel, Sonny has directed this team and his staff to a 7 and 0 record. Pretty close to quote'I want to know where the hell has Gary Patterson been the last two to three years. What he said had some pretty tough questions and comments about GP's lack of leadership and coaching!
I'm driving down the road saying, wow, after that, if a university thought about hiring Gary Patterson for a head coaching job I'd think twice about that. He blew Gary out of the water, but everything he said was the truth. He attended the game with KSTate. Believe this talking head played in the NFL for four or five years. Again, don't know his name. BTW, he said Miller might be the best running back in college, certainly the best in Texas, and Big 12. This very morning I complained about all the hooplala about OK State, then this afternoon I hear this. It finished out my day for sure. Oh, one more thing, said TCU is tough and will knock the living hell out of you. Very physical. again said, TCU's offensive line is one of the best in college football. I thought OU's offensive line was big until I saw TCU's. The field tilted when they came on!!!!!!! Damn it to hell isn't this something. Long overdue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very complimentary of Sonny, Joe and Riley. They have a great staff..... Admittedly this post is a mess with no organization but understand my excitment..

Showtime Joe 2.0

Tonight at aprox 7:00 pm on the Big 12 radio show, (ESPN) four guys spoke of TCU's performance on the field. Said over and over TCU deserves more attention and one guy said they are a hell of a team. (sorry no names) That continued for the better part of an hour. One of those guys said I don't give [ #2020 ] but TCU deserves more credit. Talked about Miller, QJ, Wiley, and Max. Said Max was a little notch below the Ohio State in ability and talent.

Then at 8 pm the same guy said I want to talk about Gary Patterson. He said with basically the same personnel, Sonny has directed this team and his staff to a 7 and 0 record. Pretty close to quote'I want to know where the hell has Gary Patterson been the last two to three years. What he said had some pretty tough questions and comments about GP's lack of leadership and coaching!
I'm driving down the road saying, wow, after that, if a university thought about hiring Gary Patterson for a head coaching job I'd think twice about that. He blew Gary out of the water, but everything he said was the truth. He attended the game with KSTate. Believe this talking head played in the NFL for four or five years. Again, don't know his name. BTW, he said Miller might be the best running back in college, certainly the best in Texas, and Big 12. This very morning I complained about all the hooplala about OK State, then this afternoon I hear this. It finished out my day for sure. Oh, one more thing, said TCU is tough and will knock the living hell out of you. Very physical. again said, TCU's offensive line is one of the best in college football. I thought OU's offensive line was big until I saw TCU's. The field tilted when they came on!!!!!!! Damn it to hell isn't this something. Long overdue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very complimentary of Sonny, Joe and Riley. They have a great staff..... Admittedly this post is a mess with no organization but understand my excitment..
I heard part of that and the two co-hosts were Ian Fitzsimmons and Gabe Ikard. And, yes, it was very complimentary.

Froglaw

Vegas had Texas by 5 over TT and by 6 over OSU.

You two realize that the gambling public set the line?

Vegas does not have a smoked filled room with the boys from
jersey setting the line after reading the Sports Journal.

Vegas wants the bets split evenly so they make money on the juice.

HToady

Let’s see what type of coverage we get this week. Since we ran the gauntlet of ranked teams and now we’re on to an unranked team, this is where the media start saying, “Yea, but they don’t play anybody”

Eight

Let’s see what type of coverage we get this week. Since we ran the gauntlet of ranked teams and now we’re on to an unranked team, this is where the media start saying, “Yea, but they don’t play anybody”

could care less what the national media thinks or says, heck, i can't tell you the last time i heard tcu mentioned on houston radio as I drive around

sports media be it radio, tv, or "print" has become the equivalent of mcdonald's that is mass produced and cranked out without much substance or quality

G Mother Froggen P

A 1 loss conference champion TCU, Oklahoma State, Oregon, and even Clemson will not make the CFP over a non champ 1 loss Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, and maybe even Tennessee. USC might. The agenda is set, and Clemson has 62% odds based on the fact no one believes there is anyone in the ACC that can beat them, even on a neutral field. Very simply, we have to run the table or root for chaos. We've known this since 2014, and if anything the bias has become worse.
I'm not entirely sure about that scenario... We added the Big12 Championship game to prevent this very thing happening. Who knows, could still happen, but by no means an absolute like you believe.

Latest posts