• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Ron Swanson

You know we have a player on our team that was denied admission at the school he signed with originally because he was accused of rape right? Not facilitating rape either….ACTUAL RAPE. I tried to find the thread where you guys were all complaining about it but it must have gotten accidentally deleted or something.
They initially denied him admission, but then they changed their mind and said he could come after the DA decided not to charge him after reviewing the case. He didn’t like the way the school handled it because he had maintained his innocence throughout, so he withdrew his commitment to them and signed with us.

It came from the mother - not a lawyer. He repeated it but was not the original source, not sure why you keeps using that
I understand that the mother stated that she met with him and I don't believe that is in dispute. The issue of whether he "covered up rape" as has been alleged would depend on what he did with that information which, so far as I know, is based on what Art Briles' attorney alleges. I'm not dismissing it as a legitimate concern but just pointing out the source of the claim that he activity covered up something.

flyfishingfrog

I understand that the mother stated that she met with him and I don't believe that is in dispute. The issue of whether he "covered up rape" as has been alleged would depend on what he did with that information which, so far as I know, is based on what Art Briles' attorney alleges. I'm not dismissing it as a legitimate concern but just pointing out the source of the claim that he activity covered up something.
So the part where their Title IX officer said he didn’t report it to her but instead called two of the eight players into his office and decided based on that discussion they didn’t do anything wrong - you think all that didn’t happen?

Not the part where Art says he was lied to - you just think the entire story of Kas deciding he would handle it himself instead of reporting it to the Title IX officer is just a big lie?

So the part where their Title IX officer said he didn’t report it to her but instead called two of the eight players into his office and decided based on that discussion they didn’t do anything wrong - you think all that didn’t happen?

Not the part where Art says he was lied to - you just think the entire story of Kas deciding he would handle it himself instead of reporting it to the Title IX officer is just a big lie?
Source?

Paint It Purple

@flyfishingfrog I haven't read all the facts available. Sounds like you have and you're a credible guy that I defer to...but in this day and age there is such a rush to judgement, let's just see what the truth really is. You may be spot on. I don't know.

The one thing that I do know is that Art Briles was the ringleader of all that went on, so I think he's a piece of [ #2020 ] and responsible for all of it. He's had a slimy reputation everywhere he's been, and I'm glad he hasn't been about to run a program at that level any longer.

That doesn't seem to be the case with those that were on his staff, as we don't KNOW exactly how each of those individuals played a role in all of that, and I've never heard of any of them having a reputation like that elsewhere.

As I've always said, darn Art Briles. Cast those other stones if you want, but I you know how that goes...
Thats a little bit like the saying the solders at auschwitz were just following orders.
Right is right and wrong is wrong. And silence or worse active participation makes you complicit. I Don't know the facts because i wasn't in the room but Briles and all associated with that program stink to high heaven.

flyfishingfrog

You are kidding right?

How about the 10th circuit court of appeals testimony, the released details on Pepper Hamilton, any of about 5 dozen articles

Jesus we have some sad sack of [ Finebaum ] fans if people are trying to deny Kaz did anything wrong

It may take me a few weeks to get all my “commitments” to TCU reversed but Wex is right- not worth the effort for trying to explain why it’s wrong hiring someone directly named as involved with the rape scandal at Baylor

Peace out

netty2424

You are kidding right?

How about the 10th circuit court of appeals testimony, the released details on Pepper Hamilton, any of about 5 dozen articles

Jesus we have some sad sack of [ #2020 ] fans if people are trying to deny Kaz did anything wrong

It may take me a few weeks to get all my “commitments” to TCU reversed but Wex is right- not worth the effort for trying to explain why it’s wrong hiring someone directly named as involved with the rape scandal at Baylor

Peace out
Finally!! Later gator!!

You are kidding right?

Jesus we have some sad sack of [ #2020 ] fans if people are trying to deny Kaz did anything wrong

Peace out
No, I wasn't kidding. I stated specifically that if he covered up rape, it would be a legitimate issue. I feel like you have a point to make and are trying to make it with something I didn't say. To repeat, the only source I have seen saying he "covered up rape" is from Art Briles' attorney who had a self-serving reason to say that something was not reported to his client. If I wasn't willing to listen to what evidence there was about that, I would not have asked you for a source. I would not hire Art Briles to win football games and if Kaz did that, would not hire him.

Latest posts