• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

flyfishingfrog

I think when the announcement is made, we may see the result of not doing a true national search for an AD.
you really need to wait? GP is gone, Schloss is gone, Dixon still stinks - our overall athletic program is going the wrong direction outside of women's soccer and our rifle team.

We are holding all our hope in Kirk's ability to become the HC everyone wants him to be and Dykes to suddenly be something he has never been.

If he were the CEO of a company - the board would be giving him the chance to "pursue other opportunities"

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
A lot of you just can't get it through your head that NONE of the BIG names were interested in taking the TCU job. Art Briles - no way. Deion Sanders - an unproven head coach. The other names that are being thrown around - most didn't even want to interview. Only one proven HC that has shown the ability to work the transfer portal and recruit locally wanted the job.

Nobody knows how it will turn out, just like nobody knew how it would turn out when Gary was hired. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do and quit [ hundin] ing about it.

CardFrog

From Fox News but this is why these 3 weren't interested in TCU

The LSU football coaching search is down to three candidates, and the next coach could be named by "the end of this week" or early next week, two sources with knowledge of the search said Monday morning.

The candidates are Baylor head coach Dave Aranda, Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Billy Napier and Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell.

Moose Stuff

well then to be direct - he has been better at SMU than others but not nearly good enough to be our next head coach.

a guy who can't win the AAC and has a 12 year track record of average is a bad choice - TCU does not have some great advantage over our competition that he didn't have at SMU. It won't be easier here - it will be more difficult.

So if it isn't that he did better at SMU than others or that he really wants to be here - why exactly are you excited that we just hired a really average football coach?
He’s not “excited”. He’s “OK” with it just like me. Just because he’s not beating people over the head with his bitterness about it doesn’t mean he’s doing cartwheels.

Tshirt Fan

A lot of you just can't get it through your head that NONE of the BIG names were interested in taking the TCU job. Art Briles - no way. Deion Sanders - an unproven head coach. The other names that are being thrown around - most didn't even want to interview. Only one proven HC that has shown the ability to work the transfer portal and recruit locally wanted the job.

Nobody knows how it will turn out, just like nobody knew how it would turn out when Gary was hired. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do and quit [ hundin] ing about it.
For the 52nd time, we are all tired of hearing this over and over and over and over.
Why should anyone be excited about a coach with an almost universally acknowledged middle of the road record?
Why should anyone be excited about Dykes?

Euro 2020 GIF by UEFA

Sangria Wine

If there were people griping about hiring Patterson maybe it was because they had no idea that his defense was #1 in the nation the season before and he had just won an award as top national coordinator. Hyman wanted Watson Brown. Dick Lowe and Bill Koehler wanted Gary.
Hyman would have messed up every hire that occurred under his watch if not for pressure from others. The guy pushed more misinformation out to Frogdom than you can imagine and this bird usually regurgitated it as facts they got from insiders. He wanted Tracy Smith when Schloss was hired and had his minions pushing false info out saying Schloss wasn’t sure he want the job, couldn’t make a decision quick enough, former baseball players preferred Smith, etc. Say what you want about JD, but we are definitely in a better place today than when EH was the AD.

Mean Purple

Keeler is pretty old so might not be a option but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal

His old OC that went to UNC under Mack is another good option but we didn’t consider him
could be they went to SC first and then just went with it. With the money and facilities this place has, just seems like an odd outcome, if true.
Whatever the process was, if what it takes to win a National Championship was not discussed, then some folks need to be fired.

Wexahu

well then to be direct - he has been better at SMU than others but not nearly good enough to be our next head coach.

a guy who can't win the AAC and has a 12 year track record of average is a bad choice - TCU does not have some great advantage over our competition that he didn't have at SMU. It won't be easier here - it will be more difficult.

So if it isn't that he did better at SMU than others or that he really wants to be here - why exactly are you excited that we just hired a really average football coach?
My excitement mostly comes from the fact that what we've seen the past few years has sucked. Not just the record, but the program itself. Stale doesn't even begin to describe it, so I'm ready for something new.

Dykes is a guy that I think has a chance to do well here at TCU. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. He may fail, he may exceed everyone's expectations. Nobody knows, it's all speculation. So I can either be excited about it and look forward to the next years of TCU football or I can be a stick in the mud and incessantly [ hundin] and complain about the guy, and the people that hired him, and from the outset try and disparage the guy on social media as much as I can. I'm going to choose the former.

I guess we could have hired some offensive coordinator that hasn't done jack [ Finebaum ] other coach LaSalle to a 7-14 record over a couple years. run a nice FCS offense for a couple years, and then help Mack Brown to a 21-15 record and a couple 4th place division finishes in the ACC and been all excited, because that would have been a "good option". GMAFB.

4th. down

It has been mentioned on the other site that 2 offers went out and both coaches turned us down. Now, who were they.......probably Napier and our opponent we are about to upset.

4th. down

Two turned us down? I can only imagine Napier, who else?
I don't know, wasn't involved, but the Cigars were allegedly pushing for 2 to be interviewed but they were not interested and I suspect the other was Matt Campbell but that's just imo. It's neither here or there now because it's Dykes so let's run with it.