• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

ticketfrog123

Why is it that people who spew out gloom & doom are always the people who are clueless?
I’m definitely more optimistic with Sonny going forward than I would’ve been with GP coming back.
We are now headed in a more positive direction. Should be fun.
Ironically, the gloom and doomers were ahead of the curve and not asleep at the wheel like most posters here. There were obvious issues becoming more severe since 2018 and this year was the final straw.

@CountryFrog thought I was whiny until the depression from watching our offense finally struck him

LisaLT

Starting to believe Dykes isn't a done deal yet. That has me concerned. If I am SMU I am asking him to sign the extension or leave this week! SMU has to want to get ahead in their search for a coach. I am guessing they have a list, but with the lack of great HC candidates the sooner you can find someone the better.

I think Aranda is gone! So far Matt Campbell and James Franklin have not left. LSU, USC, and UF are open. There are other jobs that far exceed his current one open right now. There will be other jobs that open as some of these get filled. He is at his most marketable now. If he leaves in December or later that really hurts his current school. Are former UT and TAMU coaches just damaged goods? It seems like they peak for a minute and then disappear. When they do reappear it feels like they are done.

Anyone want to venture a guess at how much longer CDC stays at UT? I get the feeling he is about done there.
Why do you think CDC is done in Austin? He’s being paid very well. Unless he gets canned, I can’t see him leaving anytime soon.

LisaLT

Go have a circle jerk with your friends, if you have any, pencil neck ....
Oh My Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

gofor2

Even after this is over it does not benefit anyone to go into who they offered and how much they offered and the reason they turned us down, it does not help anyone.
I agree.
I don't care about the particulars of why a certain person didn't get the job (they declined, we declined etc), but I would love to know who was brought in and interviewed to get a feel for what the committee was looking for.

Froggish

Starting to believe Dykes isn't a done deal yet. That has me concerned. If I am SMU I am asking him to sign the extension or leave this week! SMU has to want to get ahead in their search for a coach. I am guessing they have a list, but with the lack of great HC candidates the sooner you can find someone the better.

I think Aranda is gone! So far Matt Campbell and James Franklin have not left. LSU, USC, and UF are open. There are other jobs that far exceed his current one open right now. There will be other jobs that open as some of these get filled. He is at his most marketable now. If he leaves in December or later that really hurts his current school. Are former UT and TAMU coaches just damaged goods? It seems like they peak for a minute and then disappear. When they do reappear it feels like they are done.

Anyone want to venture a guess at how much longer CDC stays at UT? I get the feeling he is about done there.
So they would fire Dykes for not signing an extension and cost themselves payout money AND miss out on TCU buyout money? Not going to happen. The deal is done. It’s all good to go.