• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Stopit

It’s been said many times that we learn more from our failures than our successes. Dykes time at Cal would have been a true learning process for any head coach.
He’s demonstrated at SMU that he’s able to quickly turn around a program and exceed expectations with much less talent on the roster than many other programs.
Given the resources and support that will be available, it’s exciting to think of the immediate impact he can have at TCU.

hiphopfroggy

It’s been said many times that we learn more from our failures than our successes. Dykes time at Cal would have been a true learning process for any head coach.
He’s demonstrated at SMU that he’s able to quickly turn around a program and exceed expectations with much less talent on the roster than many other programs.
Given the resources and support that will be available, it’s exciting to think of the immediate impact he can have at TCU.
That's some good spin, for a second I almost thought losing was better than winning.

Would rather have Fuente than Dykes. At least he has a winning P5 record that is also more recent.

TAINTed frog

I am not saying we are, but if we are top 20, heck top 30 jobs, then why doesn't anyone else in the top 20/30 want Dykes?
I mean outside of Campbell and Napier who are the hot coaches out there this cycle?
I’m not even sure if they’re “hot” names. USC and LSU both arguably Top 5 for sure Top 10 jobs aren’t talking to them. Yes, LSU is maybe talking to Napier who seems far down their list.

Who is TCU supposed to make a slam dunk hire with the coaches available. None seem that great. They all seem to be about the same, in my opinion.