• The KillerFrogs

Now You Can Get a Purple Tesla

Showtime Joe 2.0

Spiffy!

A better shade than 'Plum Crazy' from the good folks at Dodge. At least they're trying. I cannot get an F-250 in Royal Purple. The salespeople were soooo funny: "You can get any color you want, so long as it's black!"
That's what Henry Ford said back in 1909 when they were designing the Model T but, in fact, it was never offered in just one color.

Anyway, I like my Plum Crazy Challenger and I'm glad I got it when I did since Dodge dropped the color from their 2020 models and it's really hard to find one now. Hopefully, they'll bring the color back for their 2021 models.

tcudoc

That's what Henry Ford said back in 1909 when they were designing the Model T but, in fact, it was never offered in just one color.

Anyway, I like my Plum Crazy Challenger and I'm glad I got it when I did since Dodge dropped the color from their 2020 models and it's really hard to find one now. Hopefully, they'll bring the color back for their 2021 models.
How about a photo? I have wanted a Challenger since they came out a while back. I love the ones with the racing stripes. Would love the Demon version of the Challenger in a purple with black stripes. Too steep on the price though. For that much, I would probably rather just get a nice Porsche. I’ll stick with my 12 year old car for now.

Showtime Joe 2.0

How about a photo? I have wanted a Challenger since they came out a while back. I love the ones with the racing stripes. Would love the Demon version of the Challenger in a purple with black stripes. Too steep on the price though. For that much, I would probably rather just get a nice Porsche. I’ll stick with my 12 year old car for now.
I'd be embarrassed to post a pic (even if I knew how) since I've just got the basic V6 SXT, which is all I could afford. So, naturally, there's no stripes on it. But the stripes do look cool on the Hemi models. And I agree with you that the Hellcats are outrageously priced and not really worth the money (unless you're a professional illegal street racer!) Plus, I've never known a chick who knew the difference between a V6 and a V8 but I've met plenty of them who dig purple cars!

Being from Detroit where my late father sold cars for 48 years, I also know some of the tricks of the trade and follow the industry closely. I avoid "upsells" assiduously. Hemi engines are great but the 3.6L Pentastar V6 in my Challenger is a damn workhouse of a motor and so much more economical. I've owned a series of cars with 3.6L V6 motors in recent decades and they let you drive a vehicle right into the ground (which I always do for financial reasons) without a single engine issue.

And they're plenty fast, as the cops who are always pulling me over will attest. A Fort Worth cop once claimed he clocked me doing 111 mph in my V6 Camaro a few years ago on 121 but that was actually how fast he had to drive to catch up with me! When he came to my window, he asked for my driver's license AND my keys. He said I'd been "driving like an idiot." Actually, I'd been driving like a NASCAR professional but, as a lawyer, I knew not to tell him that, as tempting as it was to do so.

Fortunately, I had pulled over onto a slim median with heavy traffic on both sides of it where I knew it'd be impossible for a tow-truck to maneuver its way to my car. He soon came to the same realization, wrote me up for 55 over, and said he'd throw me in jail the next time he caught me!

But, yes, drive that 12-year old car of yours into the ground, Doc! That's another "secret" from Detroit for you: never buy a new car until you actually need one.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Oh, but the Isla Blanca basin down at South Padre Island was hopping this last weekend!

In 67 Hurricane Beulah was traversing the Gulf. Surfside was running about 8 feet way outside. A real pain getting out through the mush, so we tried paddling across the ship channel at the jetty (a lot farther across than we thought) to Quintana to see if it was breaking closer. About a quarter of the way several of us got stopped by a Coast Guard cutter with armed coasties on deck wanting us to board saying Marshall Law had been ordered. Most of us made it back to Surfside, don’t know what happed to those they took on board.

I guess you had to be there...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
In 67 Hurricane Beulah was traversing the Gulf. Surfside was running about 8 feet way outside. A real pain getting out through the mush, so we tried paddling across the ship channel at the jetty (a lot farther across than we thought) to Quintana to see if it was breaking closer. About a quarter of the way several of us got stopped by a Coast Guard cutter with armed coasties on deck wanting us to board saying Marshall Law had been ordered. Most of us made it back to Surfside, don’t know what happed to those they took on board.

I guess you had to be there...
Heh. I remember some guys trying to paddle across the Basin to Boca Chica from Isla Blanca for the same reason once. I even asked, "What makes you think it's any different over there?"

I haven't talked to any of the guys yet, but from what I could tell on the radar, the wind was coming offshore right out of the west for quite a while. That would make the faces of the waves stand right up, especially in the Basin. I'll bet there's some excellent pics or something from down there...

(Daydreaming...)

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Heh. I remember some guys trying to paddle across the Basin to Boca Chica from Isla Blanca for the same reason once. I even asked, "What makes you think it's any different over there?"

I haven't talked to any of the guys yet, but from what I could tell on the radar, the wind was coming offshore right out of the west for quite a while. That would make the faces of the waves stand right up, especially in the Basin. I'll bet there's some excellent pics or something from down there...

(Daydreaming...)

That’s what you want and rarely see in the Gulf in the summer. Our reason for going to Quintana was the hope the NE wind off the rotation would be knocked down a bit by the jetty...but we’ll never know. If my parents only knew...