• The KillerFrogs

Now Hiring

Moose Stuff

People over react on here all the time because they are either to lazy to look at actual facts or their feelings are too hurt over a football game to see what’s right in front of them. I look forward to the day when the people calling for GP’s head are posting about how much they miss GP when the next coach isn’t winning.

I’m far from happy with our coaching right now but some perspective below on how hard it is to find the right coach.....

Mean Purple

People over react on here all the time because they are either to lazy to look at actual facts or their feelings are too hurt over a football game to see what’s right in front of them. I look forward to the day when the people calling for GP’s head are posting about how much they miss GP when the next coach isn’t winning.
His defense can't stay on the field that much. Momentum we killed big time in the 3rd. The impact that had was rough, but Frogs still made a game of it. And OSU only scored off of 1 of those 4 turnovers. Meaning the Defense made some serious plays.
On the 92 yard play, one defensive player slanted the wrong way (opposite of everyone else) so that left a canyon for him to run through. (not sure if we were in man cov on that play, but how the safety comes down will impact how fast the squad plays to the left or right. however, one guy going the wrong way on the scheme has a bad impact)

As to regards to what happens whenever GP leaves: Assuming the next guy won't win is no different an overreaction.
We have a quality program with top notch facilities and money. Baylor lost Briles and picked up what looks to be a more solid coach who has a team that actually plays with fundamentals in mind.

Folks are upset that the same offensive play calling flops continues. GP made the call to keep him here. And there have been some big offensive drives, mixed with the other half that don't make a lot of sense. In the end, the HC always takes the heat if a change is not made on staff and it has a negative impact. If he keeps Cumbie on staff next year and it is the same result we have seen for years now, that HC seat will get hot. Just reality of how it is with big time college football these days.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I don't judge TCU's defense by other Big XII teams', I judge by TCU's own standard. I'll take the 2014 Frogs, please. And, no, we can't be the best ever every year, but this is unacceptable. Or it should be.
It should be noted that the 2014 team gave up more yards per game than this year’s team.

4th. down

I do as previously stated. GP and Cumbie have become weary of each other. Kinda like a marriage that ends in divorce. So, to that end, I only have 1 suggestion for bringing in an interview - Joe Brady (LSU). Never been an OC but word out of Baton Rouge, a brilliant offensive mind. The Saints should not have let him go. Sure, he has talent but hell, LSU always has talent. Pay attention GP and at least give him consideration.

Big Frog II

Does anyone genuinely have any real expectations that Gary will actually make 'ANY' staff changes at the conclusion of this

season? Realistic....not wishing and hoping!
He has to. We are stuck in neutral. If we don't I would hate to be on the Season Ticket Sales Committee this spring. It's going to be tough sale regardless. We are no where near as good as we were in the last few years of the MWC.

Sometimes we have to take a fresh look at ourselves, and now is the time.

Opintel

Moderators
Just a thought...those two long (TD) runs by Hubbard would not happen with a normal RB. Ain't nobody gonna catch that Canuck if he has any hole to run through.

Eight

I have no problem with calling safety zone blitzes with the opponent backed up like that, especially considering they hadnt done much up the middle all game. The defense we called on the 92 yard run was a good call but you can not let the RB get by the first level if it is an inside run. It was and we paid for it. I have no problem with the call because we were trying to force a turnover or back them up more with the play call. They just called the perfect play to counter it.

However the issue was Blacklock was out of the game on that 92 yard run. If we are going to run a high risk play that exposes us to a run up the middle like that, better make sure our best DT is in. He wasn't

what high risk?

the broadcast drew the damn thing up and the frogs a 6 man front that is once again spread out allowing great blocking angles.

Eight

That's always been the MO of this defense - even in the MWC days. Its the opposite of a bend dont break approach. You go for 3 and outs and disruption at the expense of a big play here and there. The idea is that they only connect on a few big plays. The problem is its easier to connect on big plays when you are playing from ahead or do not fear the other team's offense.

how the hell does the frogs offense have any impact on the defense being unable to defend a simple handoff?

the frogs offense isn't good, but neither is the frogs defense and the bigger problem today is not osu playing ahead because the score was FREAKING TIED on the 92 yard run and up by 7 with just under 10:00 minutes to go in the third with the follow up 62 yard run or the tcu offense

the problem was and is the frogs are bad at defensive end and aren't good at linebacker. okie state spread the secondary out with their formation and gary spreads his damn defensive front out so much that if there was any type of crease hubbard was gone.

bad defensive design, bad execution and overmatch personnel but nothing to do with the score which is some line of bull [ Finebaum ] your are selling and nothing to do with the offense

Eight

It's absolutely the MO of Gary's defense. It's just not producing very good results this year.

when you don't have the personnel to make the defense work you can either make adjustments or try to force things and hope for the best which often times this year has become a [ Finebaum ] sandwich

jake102

That’s surprising. What about yards per play? That’s a much more revealing stat.

Yeh yards/game is pretty dependent on the type of offense you run. If your own offense is running 100 plays a game, your defense is also going to defend a ton of plays