• The KillerFrogs

Not staying on the field for the alma mater

Horny4TCU

Sonny lost a lot of my respect today. Between not owning the play calling on offense. Hiring Briles. He's on my [ Finebaum ] list at the moment.

I may not be a big time donor , but if I win the lottery between now and whenever, he gets none of my money at this point. He let one winning season take all of his morals and logic away.

Sonny you are notice arschloch.

Goo

I think in 10 years fans today won’t like the college football “product” with the total destruction of longtime conference models.
College Football is changing. I wonder if the mindset of players is shifting from from representing/loving the school/community to just okay going to the highest bidder. It may be todays players have less interest in their school, student body, fans, history, etc. If players are just going to highest bidder, maybe they don’t love their school like days of old. Mathis/Evans seemed quick leave when other schools offered more money.
The fact is most of the players knew the tradition but chose not to sing with fans. Could be a million reasons (tired, upset, forgot) but I think NIL is changing players loyalty and this is emblematic of this. I don’t think it’s good for college football. I think I read Colorado had 50 transfers on the team and Deon was open about pushing out past team members. They are actually the school that is poster child for new NIL/transfer portal world.

I personally feel less motivated to cheer for a team that doesn’t care about the school or are just playing for NIL money. I don’t think TCU is alone in this. It’s every school. The not singing just made me think of all this.

Goo

Gonna see more of this at TCU, other schools with all the "rent a players" through the Transfer Portal. Most of these guys have no real ties to the school they're at now, other than a place to play Football .

I may be wrong. Hope I am anyway.
100%
It seemed clear Zach Evans had little love/loyalty to TCU and didn’t hesitate transfer to highest bidder. I think this is just one example of “rent a player” model college football is becoming. Ala NFL. It’ll always be TCU football team, but it won’t be a team of kids who are truly students athletes.

Bruce Berry

Sonny has attended TCU basketball and baseball home games where the Frogs have lost and both squads sing the Alma Mater after a loss.
Exactly Which makes Donati's post not credible. Sonny took responsibility as he should.
Just apologize and assure everyone it won't happen again.

Limp Lizard

It really fits with the entire game. For some reason the players' minds were miles away the entire time. The level of concentration reminds me of some SMU games. One or two players break tackles, maybe he is just good...when everyone breaks tackles the players don't have their minds in the game. Did not think that was possible with all the hype.

Penalties, more cramping up that a thinner Colorado squad. The guys looked like they did not care.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Since the coaching staff appear unwilling to lead, allow KillerFrogs to lend a hand. To all football professionals, your mascot is the Horned Frog. Now you may be tempted to think it is the Hypnotoad, but it isn’t. The official team colors are purple and white — and that’s it. The lyrics to TCU’s alma mater are as follows:

Hail all hail, TCU
Mem'ries Sweet, Comrades True
Light of Faith, Follow Through
Praise to Thee, TCU

In a long-standing tradition, this is sung by TCU athletics players and their supporters in unison at the conclusion of every single game, come what may.

NewFrogFan

100%
It seemed clear Zach Evans had little love/loyalty to TCU and didn’t hesitate transfer to highest bidder. I think this is just one example of “rent a player” model college football is becoming. Ala NFL. It’ll always be TCU football team, but it won’t be a team of kids who are truly students athletes.
I hope that in the future some/many of the next version of Evans see how bad his decision was.
I hope he watched at least the Michigan game. I think it will be a few years before Ole Miss is much more than the 3rd or 4th bowl team from soon to be gone SEC West.

HToady

I guess there is noone on the team that was here last year, so they know.
I have heard both Dykes and Sarloos both say the biggest selling point for TCU was it's spirit of community between athletes of all sport. So we failed to exhibit our biggest selling point?

Realtorfrog

I understand but I also understand being pissed and embarrassed and just wanting to get that taste out of your mouth as soon as possible. When I played I would have been the latter. Hopefully they were mad enough to come out better with more focus going forward.

BleedNPurple

Oh boy- over reaction hangover loss Sunday. Get a grip everybody - obviously we have a lot of rust to knock off. This is why you’re supposed to schedule a cupcake game for your first game of the season. On the other hand…. Check out Baylor and Tech tears today.

HornedFroginAustin

When Briles was hired I made several comments on TCU social media regarding this being a good hire. Most everyone called me not a "real" fan. I heard a lot of the "sins of the father should not follow," nonsense. I attempted to explain that I am a diehard TCU and attended TCU undergrad. I did receive my masters from BU. For a time, I had season tickets to both TCU and BU. I lived in Austin at the time. I would utilize my BU tickets when TCU was not playing or was out of town or when I could time it to go to both games. There were a number of weekends that I went to both a TCU and a BU game. I went to some BU games during the Briles years. There was a HUGE difference between how TCU fans and players acted versus BU. It was clear that accountability and discipline were not a factor at BU. I ultimately decided, before the rape story broke, to get rid of my BU tickets as the environment was just wrong. I still think that hiring a coach that had that baggage was a big mistake. Your moral value system as a leader infects the entire program. I have been to many home and away games, win or lose starting at the age of 6 in 1982. I honestly cannot remember what we used to do back in the 80s. But this has been a VERY long-standing tradition, and I just don't buy the "they did not know better" excuse.