• The KillerFrogs

Norman Transcript: TCU still Oklahoma's primary problem in the Big 12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU still Oklahoma's primary problem in the Big 12
NORMAN — Some familiar Big 12 names seem equipped to make a run at Oklahoma.

Texas has made youthful talent upgrades. West Virginia possesses a seasoned offensive lineup ready to win now. Oklahoma State and Kansas State have work to do, but are perennial threats.

But there’s evidence suggesting an inevitable repeat of last year’s Big 12 championship game between OU and TCU.

Read more at http://www.normantranscript.com/spo...cle_945b3519-d733-5f32-bd8a-b55fd7737593.html

SnoSki

Enjoyable article. As usual the out of state publications give us far more credit than the locals do.

I like where our game falls on their schedule. One week after the red river shootout, which means that they not only have an emotional battle the week before but they also get back to back road trips. We play tech at home on Thursday in the week prior.

GeoFrog

Enjoyable article. As usual the out of state publications give us far more credit than the locals do.

I like where our game falls on their schedule. One week after the red river shootout, which means that they not only have an emotional battle the week before but they also get back to back road trips. We play tech at home on Thursday in the week prior.

I totally agree and always enjoy reading the opponents' articles. I will say there is usually a glaring error in these articles, however. In this one, it didn't occur in the article itself, but the caption on the photo at the top.

helcap

OU has a bye week after Red River shootout, that's on Oct 6, they play us on Oct 20. That in my view is not in our favor

dawg

Not as bad as OSU and OU.

Oklahoma schools have dominated us(Big 12), we need to flip that.

This. We're 4-2 vs Iowa St, and one loss was Boykin's first start, after Casey was suspended on Wednesday or Thursday of game week. I can't recall the other loss; my memory must have erased what must have been a backally abortion of a football game.

The 2-4 vs Okie St and 1-6 vs OU are what needs turning around.

Sebastian S

We're never going to flip the domination vs. OU, but we need to beat them in Fort Worth in years when their offense isn't lead by an all-world talent. For example, this year.
I'll take a win every 2 games, I don't mind playing them twice a year, that means we get to the championship game.

This is probably how Texas feels against TCU.

Eight

We're never going to flip the domination vs. OU, but we need to beat them in Fort Worth in years when their offense isn't lead by an all-world talent. For example, this year.

isn't a matter of flipping domination but finding a way to win some of these close games that we let slip away specifically two games in norman that were there for the taking.

no other team in the big 12 has controlled the line of scrimmage against tcu like ou and while the attention seems to go to players like mayfield, their backs, the tightend/hback it begins in the lines.

the one offense tcu has struggled to make one dimensional is ou and the inability to slow them down lately has forced tcu offensively to get out of offensive game plans that better fit the frogs personnel

jake102

This. We're 4-2 vs Iowa St, and one loss was Boykin's first start, after Casey was suspended on Wednesday or Thursday of game week. I can't recall the other loss; my memory must have erased what must have been a backally abortion of a football game.

The 2-4 vs Okie St and 1-6 vs OU are what needs turning around.

The 1-6 vs OU is the super scary one

jake102

isn't a matter of flipping domination but finding a way to win some of these close games that we let slip away specifically two games in norman that were there for the taking.

no other team in the big 12 has controlled the line of scrimmage against tcu like ou and while the attention seems to go to players like mayfield, their backs, the tightend/hback it begins in the lines.

the one offense tcu has struggled to make one dimensional is ou and the inability to slow them down lately has forced tcu offensively to get out of offensive game plans that better fit the frogs personnel

Last year OU's OLine destroyed our DL in what was the pivotal match-up. It likely wouldn't have mattered because our secondary was painfully overmatched by Mayfield, but it made it way uglier than I expected.

ShreveFrog

Gee, OU gets an off week after UT before the roadie to TCU. Darn the luck!

If WV can play some defense and offense is healthy, their Post-T-day tilt in Morgantown in possibly bad weather looms large (though OU gets KU at home the Saturday before.)

Eight

Last year OU's OLine destroyed our DL in what was the pivotal match-up. It likely wouldn't have mattered because our secondary was painfully overmatched by Mayfield, but it made it way uglier than I expected.

ou has been the most balanced offense in the big 12 since tcu joined in 2012 and it is that ability to run the ball with a power game and attack down the field which has made them dominant in that time.

2012 tcu controls the ou run with the exception of clays long run in the 3rd quarter, frogs drop a close on at home 24-17

2013 similar result as the frogs give up a long td run in the second half, but control the run for much of the game and drop a close one

2014 longest run tcu gives up is 17 yards and the frogs win a close one as they shut down the ou running game. everyone remembers dawson interception, but the game deciding play was the 4th down stop in tcu territory

2015 and frogs struggle against the run giving up 300+ and a frantic comeback falls short in norman

2016 frogs jump up big, stop ou offensively early, sooners adjust and outlast frogs

2017 game in norman ou's offensive line controls line of scrimmage and frogs get mauled, second game frogs focus on helping defensive front and get exposed in the back

no different than what we saw with uga and ou in the semi's. first half sooners can run the the ball which opens up passing they roll. second half uga adjusts and takes away the run with their front letting them play games in the back and mayfield and sooners struggle.

2012 was most likely the least talented ou offense tcu has faced in 7 games so talent on the offensive side is nothing new. the 2014 defense had the ability to defend the run with 6 and played solid in the back. they haven't done that since that game and that is a big key this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts