• The KillerFrogs

Norman Transcript: TCU still Oklahoma's primary problem in the Big 12

Sebastian S

When news came out that we were going to join the big 12, I knew OU was going to be the hardest to compete against. Texas being 2nd. The rest we have a good fighting chance any given year.

At least I got 1 right.

froginmn

This. We're 4-2 vs Iowa St, and one loss was Boykin's first start, after Casey was suspended on Wednesday or Thursday of game week. I can't recall the other loss; my memory must have erased what must have been a backally abortion of a football game.
Not sure if serious.

Bob

This. We're 4-2 vs Iowa St, and one loss was Boykin's first start, after Casey was suspended on Wednesday or Thursday of game week. I can't recall the other loss; my memory must have erased what must have been a backally abortion of a football game.

The 2-4 vs Okie St and 1-6 vs OU are what needs turning around.
Try last year. But, I tried hard to drink enough to erase the memory of that game too.

MTfrog5

That was one of the most frustrating things Gary has done in a while. Probably the ONLY QB in the nation last year where that was a guaranteed fail was Mayfield, no idea what we were thinking.
I still think someone in the secondary missed an assignment. We’ve seen Patterson put DE in position to cover the flats before but always had someone over the top. Patterson ripped the secondary after that play on the sidelines too

FrogLifeYo

The 2-4 vs Okie St and 1-6 vs OU are what needs turning around.
We beat ourselves in that game...If those two squads played 10 times we’d have won 8. We murdered them on the ground and totally shut down their ground game..penalties and turnovers will level set it and we lost

FrogLifeYo

2012 was most likely the least talented ou offense tcu has faced in 7 games so talent on the offensive side is nothing new. the 2014 defense had the ability to defend the run with 6 and played solid in the back. they haven't done that since that game and that is a big key this year.

This is absolutely true...And I’ve said it before 2014 is the last time we had great play from the safety unit. I have hope that we will be better this year but we need Gaines to grow into a monster and a youngster to emerge..

ShreveFrog

That was one of the most frustrating things Gary has done in a while. Probably the ONLY QB in the nation last year where that was a guaranteed fail was Mayfield, no idea what we were thinking.

We were thinking the safety would help out? One of our safeties looked lost on the other side of the field covering nobody.

TooColdU

OU showed other teams a huge weakness in our defense.....defending pass-catching running backs.

Hopefully Coach P gets that fixed this offseason.

Limey Frog

Never? I'm sure at the end of the SWC days people thought we'd never flip the domination of Texas but here we are.

Yes, here we are just sixty more consecutive wins vs. Texas from evening the series...

In the long run, by which I mean time measured in decades, TCU will always trail OU and Texas. It's great beating Texas--long may it continue. So long as GP is here we'll do fine, but at present we're as good as we've ever been, and Texas is about as bad as they've ever been. This is wonderful, but it isn't typical and it's unlikely to prove permanent. Most likely the position we'll settle in will be something like Wisconsin in the Big Ten--always competitive, slightly more often than not beaten by the Buckeyes, and able to win the conference on their best years if the blue-bloods don't have their act together.

CountryFrog

Yes, here we are just sixty more consecutive wins vs. Texas from evening the series...

In the long run, by which I mean time measured in decades, TCU will always trail OU and Texas. It's great beating Texas--long may it continue. So long as GP is here we'll do fine, but at present we're as good as we've ever been, and Texas is about as bad as they've ever been. This is wonderful, but it isn't typical and it's unlikely to prove permanent. Most likely the position we'll settle in will be something like Wisconsin in the Big Ten--always competitive, slightly more often than not beaten by the Buckeyes, and able to win the conference on their best years if the blue-bloods don't have their act together.
Well, if that's your standard then that's up to you. I personally don't give a crap about games that were played 50 years ago. Right now, today, in present times, we are dominating Texas. How we fared in the 1955 matchup is totally irrelevant to that.

I won't be kissing the ring of Texas football for things they did before I was born.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Well, if that's your standard then that's up to you. I personally don't give a crap about games that were played 50 years ago. Right now, today, in present times, we are dominating Texas. How we fared in the 1955 matchup is totally irrelevant to that.

I won't be kissing the ring of Texas football for things they did before I was born.
That’s also their argument against our National Championships.