• The KillerFrogs

No defense in the big 12...

SuperTFrog

Vanderbilt gave up 420 yds and 25 points a game this year. Baylor, who sucks, just put up 675 yds and 45 points. I am so tired of the “bad defense” argument for the big 12. This happens over and over again. Georgia last year was giving up 12 points and 230 yds a game or something and OU put up 48 pts and 530 yds of offense.

We just play really good offense in our league!

Also, screw Baylor.

Mean Purple

Vanderbilt gave up 420 yds and 25 points a game this year. Baylor, who sucks, just put up 675 yds and 45 points. I am so tired of the “bad defense” argument for the big 12. This happens over and over again. Georgia last year was giving up 12 points and 230 yds a game or something and OU put up 48 pts and 530 yds of offense.

We just play really good offense in our league!

Also, screw Baylor.
Baylor gave up a lot of points and yards tonight. Vandy's rb just went for 243, 18+ per carry, on 13 tonight. Baylor's defense was just pathetic. So it did not help our conference view in the least. It aint like bu was missing a lot of the starters either. We had a 3rd string qb in and a start rb out.

So far, the bowl season has really stunk.

Ray Finkle

Baylor gave up a lot of points and yards tonight. Vandy's rb just went for 243, 18+ per carry, on 13 tonight. Baylor's defense was just pathetic. So it did not help our conference view in the least. It aint like bu was missing a lot of the starters either. We had a 3rd string qb in and a start rb out.

Baylor Defense. Two words that should never be side-by-side.

Ron Swanson

I mean, the Big 12 is 2-0 so far and we were underdogs in both games (at least opening lines)

It has been ugly but better results than many expected

SuperTFrog

My point is not that Baylor’s D is good, but rather if you put a middle of the road SEC team whose defense is “good”, they would look like every other big 12 team. They would give up 150 more yards and 10 more points per game. Look at TCU. That is what happened to us when we came to the big 12

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Rooting against Baylor but OK with a Big 12 bowl win VS a weak SECSECSEC team.

The announcers for last night's game made fun of our game relentlessly despite the total lack of defense in their game. Maybe they could have mentioned that TCU with their third string QB beat this Baylor team a few weeks ago.

I give them a pass because during bowl season networks scrape the bottom of the barrell for CFB announcers. These guys were Not the A team or the B team. More like the P team.

Ron Swanson

The announcers for last night's game made fun of our game relentlessly despite the total lack of defense in their game. Maybe they could have mentioned that TCU with their third string QB beat this Baylor team a few weeks ago.

I give them a pass because during bowl season networks scrape the bottom of the barrell for CFB announcers. These guys were Not the A team or the B team. More like the P team.
It was Aaron Rogers’ little brother Jordan

He was the QB at Vandy a while back and then won the Bachelorette.

kidkarr

Weak or not, SEC hand picked this team to get a win and BU didn’t let it happen. SEC and BU. Either order

dawg

This bothered me as well, but I in no way expected the announcers or their stat guys in the van to do five minutes of research:

Waco Rape Institue offense vs TCU Defense: 303 total yards, 9 points, in Waco

WRI offense vs Vaunted secsecsec Vandy Defense: 668 yards, 45 points, neutral site.

Maybe, just maybe, Vandy's defensive numbers looked good on paper because secsecsec offenses are garbage. Maybe, just maybe, the Cheez-It Bowl offenses looked inferior because we and Cal actually play high-level defense.

I was torn in this game. I despise Baylor with every quark of my being and wish upon them nothing but ruin. However, seeing a B12 offense light up an secsecsec defense and shut them up was satisfying. Bama, LSU, and Florida have earned the right to scream secsecsec because they've won MNCs in the past 15 years. But its the Vandys, Arkys, Mississippi schools, aggy, etc of that conference, who accomplish nothing yet yap the loudest, coat-tailing off the success of Bama, that annoy me. That the secsecsec handpicked a supposedly inferior B12 opponent for Vandy, only for said B12 opponent to [ hundin] slap them was nice. Not nearly as nice as watching KSU make aggy their [ hundin] a few years ago but still nice.

Wexahu

This bothered me as well, but I in no way expected the announcers or their stat guys in the van to do five minutes of research:

Waco Rape Institue offense vs TCU Defense: 303 total yards, 9 points, in Waco

WRI offense vs Vaunted secsecsec Vandy Defense: 668 yards, 45 points, neutral site.

Maybe, just maybe, Vandy's defensive numbers looked good on paper because secsecsec offenses are garbage. Maybe, just maybe, the Cheez-It Bowl offenses looked inferior because we and Cal actually play high-level defense.

I was torn in this game. I despise Baylor with every quark of my being and wish upon them nothing but ruin. However, seeing a B12 offense light up an secsecsec defense and shut them up was satisfying. Bama, LSU, and Florida have earned the right to scream secsecsec because they've won MNCs in the past 15 years. But its the Vandys, Arkys, Mississippi schools, aggy, etc of that conference, who accomplish nothing yet yap the loudest, coat-tailing off the success of Bama, that annoy me. That the secsecsec handpicked a supposedly inferior B12 opponent for Vandy, only for said B12 opponent to [ hundin] slap them was nice. Not nearly as nice as watching KSU make aggy their [ hundin] a few years ago but still nice.

Historically, Vandy is the "Kansas" of the SEC, as in the team that is generally considered a punching bag for the rest of the league. This year they had a little better team than they normally do and they still finished 6th in what everyone thinks is a very average SEC East. I don't know how you can say the SEC handpicked an opponent when they put a team that placed 6th in their division against a team that finished T5th in their 10-team league. Who else was Vandy supposed to play?