• The KillerFrogs

No Call Holds

Frog_Fan71

The scheissing refs should be fired for swallowing their whistles when those scheiss are holding on every series.

It's truly pathetic that we get called for holding and neither of their tackles are being called for holding our DE'S. Damn near every TD pass has been the result of holding our DE's.

Can't wait for Douchefiled to be gone and so glad TCU didn't offer his sorry ass.

scheiss OU and scheiss the Big12 leadership not doing anything about the puss poor ferry situation.

Frog_Fan71

The [ darn ]ing refs should be fired for swallowing their whistles when those [ darn ] are holding on every series.

It's truly pathetic that we get called for holding and neither of their tackles are being called for holding our DE'S. Damn near every TD pass has been the result of holding our DE's.

Can't wait for Douchefiled to be gone and so glad TCU didn't offer his sorry ass.

[ darn ] OU and [ darn ] the Big12 leadership not doing anything about the puss poor ferry situation.

scheiss autocorrect on Android, too.

Austintxfrog94

It will be curious to see how OU does with holding and other calls in the playoffs. TCU definitely got beat today no matter what the refs called.

Realtorfrog

Need to watch the game but #72 held many times from my seats, and they were farther away than the refs were.

Hicks was on a mission after his fumble and ran all over them in the 2nd quarter and then we throw three straight times to open the second half....... hmmmmmm.

Game was definitely called differently the second half.

researchfrog

Sometimes I wonder if our OL needs to learn how to hold better to compete with OU, like when we first got into the Big 12 and our corners and receivers had to learn to be more physical.

notyalc

I would have preferred a game where the refs were tough on holding. Definitely favored OU and their size advantage. And we got screwed more than a few times. That said we were clearly beaten by a better team.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Called it the same both ways, but it certainly doesn't help speed rushers if the OL can hold all day. Would rather they called it and were consistent with both teams than to let the big guys man handle the defense all day.

Pharm Frog

Holding calls will never benefit the Frogs when they run that slide blocking scheme. Our holds become so much more in the open and other teams' holds are usually in the interior or barely on the edge. We just don't have the horses to man-up and blow people off the line so we scheme with lateral movement and that puts you in proximity to the officials and makes it more likely that you'll get your hands outside the pads. I still maintain that the holding call on Cole downfield was BS. If you are gonna set the tone with your no-calls in the first half, you gotta keep that tendency in the second half. The holding call on them was nowhere close to as egregious as what went on in the first half. It was a make-even call IMO.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Holding calls will never benefit the Frogs when they run that slide blocking scheme. Our holds become so much more in the open and other teams' holds are usually in the interior or barely on the edge. We just don't have the horses to man-up and blow people off the line so we scheme with lateral movement and that puts you in proximity to the officials and makes it more likely that you'll get your hands outside the pads. I still maintain that the holding call on Cole downfield was BS. If you are gonna set the tone with your no-calls in the first half, you gotta keep that tendency in the second half. The holding call on them was nowhere close to as egregious as what went on in the first half. It was a make-even call IMO.
I thought the hold on Hunt was pretty weak as well. More tangled arms than anything. Was suprised they called it after all the calls they let go before that.

FrogLifeYo

Holding calls will never benefit the Frogs when they run that slide blocking scheme. Our holds become so much more in the open and other teams' holds are usually in the interior or barely on the edge. We just don't have the horses to man-up and blow people off the line so we scheme with lateral movement and that puts you in proximity to the officials and makes it more likely that you'll get your hands outside the pads.
Hate the slide stuff but as you said we don't have the size and strength to move people off the ball. Having said that, for a team that was somewhat one dimensional this year we ran it pretty effectively

Latest posts