• The KillerFrogs

NIL Killing Recruiting

hfhmilkman

thanks for telling a tcu website why the frogs did so well this last year, especially in contrast to recent seasons and greatly appreciate the formula for building a successful program using lesser regarded recruits

curious how long you have been following tcu football at this level of depth
I began following TCU football once I was aware they were the opponents of Michigan. I like to follow other programs that are built on the same values that I believe in that cross Michigan. I still follow Loyola of Chicago basketball.

Cougar/Frog

I began following TCU football once I was aware they were the opponents of Michigan. I like to follow other programs that are built on the same values that I believe in that cross Michigan. I still follow Loyola of Chicago basketball.
Stick around, ignore the haters.

BTW, if Michigan doesn't go 11-1 or better this year, given the schedule, someone needs to get fired. Non conference is Bowling Green, UNLV, and East Carolina?????

Eight

you were also one of the ones on here who when we tried to explain the very things you just laid out to us as the secret sauce to success responded with video links and an avalanche of words of how we were all wrong and we didn't know what was heading our way in the semi -final game

we gave you tangible examples, but nope, we didn't know who we were facing

curious, how did all that work on the field

hfhmilkman

you were also one of the ones on here who when we tried to explain the very things you just laid out to us as the secret sauce to success responded with video links and an avalanche of words of how we were all wrong and we didn't know what was heading our way in the semi -final game

we gave you tangible examples, but nope, we didn't know who we were facing

curious, how did all that work on the field
Well it is on you to show me where I guaranteed victory. It is what makes football great in that anything can happen on any give Sunday/Saturday. It is also why I prefer college basketball/hockey over pros. It is one game for all of the marbles. Win a game in and you still need to do it three more times.

What happened on the field? TCU coaching staff had a sound game plan and outcoached the UM staff. The TCU senior QB called and played an excellent game, and the young UM QB made some catastrophic mistakes.

How did OSU which should have beaten Georgia lose to UM by 20plus? If OSU had beaten UM in Nov like it should have, do you think TCU would have beaten OSU or would the game be closer to the Georgia score?

We love football because it is not deterministic. Football outcomes sometimes defy logic. Does not mean matter what we predict on paper. Does not matter who we believe is the better team. The winner is determined by the outcome on the field. If I knew the outcome, I would not bother watching? But it is still fun to make your best prediction.

My favorite radio show in the 90ties was Arnie Spanier. And I have mentioned Arnie on this board in the past. Arnie had a section where he would pick his upsets. As he would say you don't need the points. He was uncanny in his ability to sniff out upsets. He did not get them all right. But in 1996 when he called NW over UM, I was scared.

I went out of my way in 1995 to watch FSU verse Virginia and in 96 Florida verses LSU, because Arnie called for upsets by Virginia and LSU. Great games!!! On the flip side I did not enjoy UM verses NW in 95/96 even though I knew Arnie was calling NW victories. Arnie also called some duds.

Whatever happened on the field, don't think its deterministic unless you have the precognition of Arnie.

What do I think will happen in 2023? Georgia, Alabama, and OSU are the teams to beat on paper. But they all have to break in new QB's. I am hoping McCarthy will be the next Max Duggan. QB's, goalies, and pitchers can carry a team for one game.

Eight

Well it is on you to show me where I guaranteed victory. It is what makes football great in that anything can happen on any give Sunday/Saturday. It is also why I prefer college basketball/hockey over pros. It is one game for all of the marbles. Win a game in and you still need to do it three more times.

What happened on the field? TCU coaching staff had a sound game plan and outcoached the UM staff. The TCU senior QB called and played an excellent game, and the young UM QB made some catastrophic mistakes.

How did OSU which should have beaten Georgia lose to UM by 20plus? If OSU had beaten UM in Nov like it should have, do you think TCU would have beaten OSU or would the game be closer to the Georgia score?

We love football because it is not deterministic. Football outcomes sometimes defy logic. Does not mean matter what we predict on paper. Does not matter who we believe is the better team. The winner is determined by the outcome on the field. If I knew the outcome, I would not bother watching? But it is still fun to make your best prediction.

My favorite radio show in the 90ties was Arnie Spanier. And I have mentioned Arnie on this board in the past. Arnie had a section where he would pick his upsets. As he would say you don't need the points. He was uncanny in his ability to sniff out upsets. He did not get them all right. But in 1996 when he called NW over UM, I was scared.

I went out of my way in 1995 to watch FSU verse Virginia and in 96 Florida verses LSU, because Arnie called for upsets by Virginia and LSU. Great games!!! On the flip side I did not enjoy UM verses NW in 95/96 even though I knew Arnie was calling NW victories. Arnie also called some duds.

Whatever happened on the field, don't think its deterministic unless you have the precognition of Arnie.

What do I think will happen in 2023? Georgia, Alabama, and OSU are the teams to beat on paper. But they all have to break in new QB's. I am hoping McCarthy will be the next Max Duggan. QB's, goalies, and pitchers can carry a team for one game.

did I say guarantee?

arnie spanier?

so, so many words

OICU812

This guy would try to mansplain college football to Nick Saban. SMH.

Cougar/Frog

Does it include high school NIL or just college? 29 states currently allow high school NIL and Texas is the biggest state that does not.

hfhmilkman

If we're talking about volume of words, that's irrefutable.
There is a solution. Its called TWITTER. I am also one of those weird people that read books. Just finished "The Geography of Risk" by Gilbert Gaul. Currently reading "Talking to Strangers" by Malcom Gladwell and "Fight Club". Next on the list is account of the demise of the HMS Wager.

But back to NIL. I am of the opinion that it will backfire on most teams. Players in it for the money are going to have less loyalty and motivation if that is part of the promise instead of an appreciation. At some point the sponsors will get impatient when they get no return for their investment. The cat will be out of the bag that disloyalty goes both ways. No money, no player. No performance, no scholarship.

Ron Swanson

There is a solution. Its called TWITTER. I am also one of those weird people that read books. Just finished "The Geography of Risk" by Gilbert Gaul. Currently reading "Talking to Strangers" by Malcom Gladwell and "Fight Club". Next on the list is account of the demise of the HMS Wager.

But back to NIL. I am of the opinion that it will backfire on most teams. Players in it for the money are going to have less loyalty and motivation if that is part of the promise instead of an appreciation. At some point the sponsors will get impatient when they get no return for their investment. The cat will be out of the bag that disloyalty goes both ways. No money, no player. No performance, no scholarship.
Cool tangent about book reading

froginmn

we-do-not-care-mike-tomlin.gif

Front page of today’s Wall Street Journal “IRS Curbs College Athletics Tax Break”. Charitable status looks like it is going away for many organizations. The article does end with a UT reference.

Latest posts