• The KillerFrogs

NFL'S WONDERLICK QB SCORES - 2019 - LEAKED

frog-hat

I imagine what might happen is early on KM is going to make some really spectacular plays, mainly with his feet, and those plays are going to get completely overhyped because that's what the media does, and then he's going to get dinged up, because QBs who run a lot in the NFL get hurt. And once he gets dinged up, the running part of his game is going to mostly be taken away from him, and when that is taken away he's going to have to become mostly a drop-back in the pocket passer. And once he becomes that, he's pretty much done.
wasn't there a guy from Baylor like that. except he actually was pretty big

tcudoc

He's literally played about 5 football games in his entire life in a situation where the players on his teams weren't substantially more talented than who they were facing. In other words, he's faced adversity literally about three times in his football career and on two of those ocassions he either divided his team and picked up his toys and went somewhere else or acted like a little spoiled baby in the post game press conference. I just don't get it.
That reminds me one of my favorite quotes that I forgot the source of:
“Whatever the opposite of adversity is, he has faced a lot of it.”

TRF51

I think KK and KM will both have a lot of success early but as the defenses figure them out they will come back down to earth and be below average. KM will always be a threat with his agility to extend plays so to say he is going to suck is not an educated statement, IMO.

tcudoc

I think KK and KM will both have a lot of success early but as the defenses figure them out they will come back down to earth and be below average. KM will always be a threat with his agility to extend plays so to say he is going to suck is not an educated statement, IMO.
They very specifically pointed out the exact same thing you did. He will have modest success running followed by loss of agility due to injuries followed by limited success as a drop back passer. To say he will always be a threat due to his agility seems a reach with such high injury rates for mobile NFL qb’s.

WhatTheFrog

They very specifically pointed out the exact same thing you did. He will have modest success running followed by loss of agility due to injuries followed by limited success as a drop back passer. To say he will always be a threat due to his agility seems a reach with such high injury rates for mobile NFL qb’s.
So, Michael Vick?

netty2424

Does the wonderlic matter if you’re protected number 1. Maybe KM just said screw it.

edit projected not protected

Last edited:

Billy Clyde

I wouldn't take it such a foregone conclusion that KM goes #1. Unless you think Rosen is a complete bust (a call you can't make based on 1 season with zero help), you develop him, and put a friggin O-line in front of him.
There's no quarterback, ever, in the NFL that can succeed without protection. Look at the Cowboys as an example- They spent a bunch of picks on O-line, and wound up with a pretty stout offense with a middling at best quarterback.
I've read that all the early hype around Murray was because ownership wanted to pick him (which tracks with their history of stupid) to sell tickets. It's sounding like now the football minds may wind up winning the argument and trade out of the #1 pick, which would sure seem like the money move.

WhatTheFrog

He'll be a 1st rounder. Why even try on the Wonderlick? The only reason would be to prove that you are among the best of the best, if you had a chance. If not, it still doesn't mean anything.

In my case, I'd go for the Wonderlick high score. I'd have a fair chance at the high score compared to my athleticism.

jake102

Not sure what makes KM such a better prospect than Lamar Jackson. Might be a little more polished as a passer but Jackson has 5 inches and probably 25-30 pounds on him.

Would any GM even remotely consider taking Jackson #1 this year?

KM is a significantly better passer than LJ. Like not close. LJ was run first, KM was throw first. And if you look at the actual statistics, KM didn’t leave the pocket nearly as often as you would think

Wexahu

KM is a significantly better passer than LJ. Like not close. LJ was run first, KM was throw first. And if you look at the actual statistics, KM didn’t leave the pocket nearly as often as you would think

Ok, but LJ did throw for over 7,200 yards his last two years in college. It’s not he was just running around all the time. And I know those stats don’t match what KM did last year but I’m pretty sure the OL and receivers KM had to work with were quite a bit better too.

Just saying, I don’t think there’s THAT much difference in their skill set. You’d think whatever better passing skills KM has would be offset by his being 5 inches and 30 pounds smaller. I guess the cult of personality following KM is too strong for it to matter.

Billy Clyde

Deshaun Watson has had the worst OL in the NFL past two years

Yes, and as a remorseful Texans fan (grew up on Oilers) I can say that the few times I watched them last year that was some of the most putrid offense I'd ever want to see. Watson will have a game or two here and there, but no way does he ever have sustained success of the kind he seems capable of having, without at least a good O-line.