• The KillerFrogs

NFL Lockout

From what I have heard, it is illegal to possess an NFL playbook as a player just drafted. Did anyone hear Cam Newton's interview on ESPN yesterday? He was asked if he had a playbook yet. Based on the interviewers tone, you could tell they were kidding. Cam's reaction, "yeah Ive got one, and there aren't any lengthy plays in it." Anyone catch this interview? Is it illegal to have a playbook at this time?

Frog_Fan71

If he received it when the lockout was lifted then no. If the playbook was received once the stay was granted, then yes.

I believe that the lockout lift was in effect on Thursday when he was drafted. They could have given it to him at that time. The stay was granted on Friday.

My guess is its legal then. But ESPN seemed pretty shocked when he said "yes, it's sitting right here in front of me." He did get to meet with his team before the stay was granted though. That sucks for the guys that don't have the option of learning their new playbook yet.

Frog_Fan71

My guess is its legal then. But ESPN seemed pretty shocked when he said "yes, it's sitting right here in front of me." He did get to meet with his team before the stay was granted though. That sucks for the guys that don't have the option of learning their new playbook yet.

Even with all the free time he will have with the playbook, I don't think it will help him.

All the draftees should go buy a copy of Madden 2011 or 12 or whatever version is the most current, as the game has playbooks.

Stiff Arm Frog

A.J. Green got one. Last time I checked though, Andy didn't.

Sure hope Andy got a playbook, he's going to need the extra time if they expect him to start in game 1.

Latest posts