• The KillerFrogs

NFL Frogs 2021…..

I don't know that they got greedy. AJ Green just lost his mind and started run blocking on a pass that was coming his way. No scheissing clue what he was doing there.
And the AJ lovers would tell you the only reason Dalton had any success was AJ. Dalton had an awful situation in Cincy, terrible OL that couldn’t run block ever and coaching turnover

Wexahu

And the AJ lovers would tell you the only reason Dalton had any success was AJ. Dalton had an awful situation in Cincy, terrible OL that couldn’t run block ever and coaching turnover
If he weren't in Cincy he would have never started in the league for 9 years. It was a really good situation for him as far as that is concerned. He made $83M in Cincinnati. And he had a very good team around him the first half of his career.

He is a great dude but I honestly don't see how anyone could watch him play and say he was anything more than a very average NFL quarterback, and tbh a below-average starting NFL quarterback for the vast majority of his career.

Zubaz

If he weren't in Cincy he would have never started in the league for 9 years. It was a really good situation for him as far as that is concerned. He made $83M in Cincinnati. And he had a very good team around him the first half of his career.

He is a great dude but I honestly don't see how anyone could watch him play and say he was anything more than a very average NFL quarterback, and tbh a below-average starting NFL quarterback for the vast majority of his career.
Yup. I mean, there's a reason the phrase "Dalton line" got coined.

DubaiFrog

Yeah I mean just looking at his QB contemporaries from the 2011 draft, you could argue he was the best pick in terms of longevity and consistency. Being a starter for 9 years is not an easy feat, and he can have another 5 years of being a capable backup if he wants too and probably makes more money than every other guy he was drafted with.

Pick 1 - Cam Newton - had a higher ceiling than Dalton, but is also injury plagued and currently unsigned
Pick 8 - Jake Locker - Bust, was out of the league in 3 years
Pick 10- Blaine Gabbert - couple years as an unsuccessful starter, been a journeyman backup ever since
Pick 12 - Christian Ponder - Bust, unsuccessful starter, was out of the league in a couple years.
Pick 35- Dalton - 9 year starter, 2 years as a backup.
Pick 36 - Kaepernick - not touching this one, but he was out of the league by 2017. he did have a really good 2-3 year run though
Pick 74- Ryan Mallet - Journeyman backup
TJ Yates, Nathan Enderle, Ricky Stanzi - forgettable and i'm too lazy to even google who these guys are.
Pick 180 - Tyrod Taylor - 10 year run as the 32nd best QB in the league. journeyman starter/backup, nice career for a 6th round pick
pick 208 - Greg McElroy - pretty sure he's made more money working for ESPN than from the NFL

Last edited:

CM Frog

Yeah I mean just looking at his QB contemporaries from the 2011 draft, you could argue he was the best pick in terms of longevity and consistency. Being a starter for 9 years is not an easy feat, and he can have another 5 years of being a capable backup if he wants too and probably makes more money than every other guy he was drafted with.

Pick 1 - Cam Newton - had a higher ceiling than Dalton, but is also injury plagued and currently unsigned
Pick 10- Blaine Gabbert - couple years as an unsuccessful starter, been a journeyman backup ever since
Pick 12 - Christian Ponder - Bust, unsuccessful starter, was out of the league in a couple years.
Pick 36 - Kaepernick - not touching this one, but he was out of the league by 2017. he did have a really good 2-3 year run though
TJ Yates, Nathan Enderle, Ricky Stanzi - forgettable and i'm too lazy to even google who these guys are.
Pick 180 - Tyrod Taylor - 10 year run as the 32nd best QB in the league. journeyman starter/backup, nice career for a 6th round pick
pick 208 - Greg McElroy - pretty sure he's made more money working for ESPN than from the NFL
Dalton just like many others are above average when they have a good o-line . Dak would be struggling with the line Andy had the last half of 20 at Dallas

Zubaz

Yeah, the 2011 draft is a bit of a graveyard outside of Cam and Dalton. Ponder did hit the biggest home run though since he married Sam Steele.

DubaiFrog

Yeah, the 2011 draft is a bit of a graveyard outside of Cam and Dalton. Ponder did hit the biggest home run though since he married Sam Steele.

Yeah if you went back and looked at QB's coming out most years are probably about the same distribution. 1-2 guys that end up being Pro-bowlers, couple that have decent careers as starters/backups, and about 50% are busts. Dalton was picked 5th out of all those guys, and is one of 3 that's still playing in the league a decade later. Do the draft over and most people probably take Cam #1 still, but Dalton is the clear #2.

Guy who really overachieved was Tyrod Taylor. 6th round pick has made ~$60MM playing football on some bad teams.

Eight

Yeah if you went back and looked at QB's coming out most years are probably about the same distribution. 1-2 guys that end up being Pro-bowlers, couple that have decent careers as starters/backups, and about 50% are busts. Dalton was picked 5th out of all those guys, and is one of 3 that's still playing in the league a decade later. Do the draft over and most people probably take Cam #1 still, but Dalton is the clear #2.

Guy who really overachieved was Tyrod Taylor. 6th round pick has made ~$60MM playing football on some bad teams.

damn, i thought colt mccoy making 20M for rarely playing was impressive.

DubaiFrog

damn, i thought colt mccoy making 20M for rarely playing was impressive.

Tyrod's been waging a decade long battle to be the starting QB on the worst team in the NFL. Think he's obviously had some back luck being in some of those situations, but props to him for getting paid while doing it.

DubaiFrog

He and Chase Daniel have had damn near the best jobs in America over the past decade.

Started a total of 5 games over 13 NFL seasons, and has made +$38MM doing it. A true American success story.

ShreveFrog

Dalton with the start and an easy win over the terrible Giants, 29-3. At Vikings next week to close out the season. Fields may be back.

Hope Andy lands another starting gig in 2022. Come on, Broncos, grow a brain.

Last edited:

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Raiders-Chargers playing right now. Winner goes to the playoffs, loser goes home. If the game ends tied, both teams go to the playoffs and the steelers go home. The Chargers tie the game on the last play of regulation, having twice came back from being down double figures, including once in the 4th quarter. This has been a fun game to watch, especially with a playoff berth on the line.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Raiders-Chargers playing right now. Winner goes to the playoffs, loser goes home. If the game ends tied, both teams go to the playoffs and the steelers go home. The Chargers tie the game on the last play of regulation, having twice came back from being down double figures, including once in the 4th quarter. This has been a fun game to watch, especially with a playoff berth on the line.
Crazy game. Thought the Raiders had it in the bag. Rooting for them so Moehrig goes to post season. Fingers crossed.

Wexahu

Didn't it feel like the Raiders were going to let the clock run out until the Chargers called that timeout with 30 seconds left?
Very odd timeout for sure. Such a strange situation, I understand how it’d be hard to know what to do as a coach, but man, let LV stop the clock if they want. I agree they may have just let it run out.

That Chargers drive to tie it was nuts.