• The KillerFrogs

NFL Draft Thread

TronCarter

TCURiggs said:
Looks like the other site may have had some bad info on Catalon going to the Pats
Yeah I saw Catalon tweeted out a few days ago those rumors were false (posted in HASMSP instead of here, whoops.)

Hoping all of our guys at least make practice squad. Would love it for Chucky to turn into a force in the NFL.

Q-Ball54

If BJ is denying the rumor then it might be true and he is a perfect fit for the Pats. Admit nothing is their style, just reference deflate gate!!

talor

The Cowboys just signed LSU OT La'El Collins to an UDFA deal.  The dude was a 1st round lock until his ex-gf got killed, of which he was not a suspect.  Huge get by Dallas!

jack the frog

Talor said:
The Cowboys just signed LSU OT La'El Collins to an UDFA deal.  The dude was a 1st round lock until his ex-gf got killed, of which he was not a suspect.  Huge get by Dallas!
Yea, if they have a couple of their non football gamble situations come through then it could be almost like 3 1st round draft pics this year.

talor

cdsfrog said:
Great get. Still hate their 1st round pick. 5th round corner drafted in 1st round due to combine
We swung and missed on Claiborne, hopefully this one goes the other way

FrogSwagSurfin

netty2424 said:
Cowboys part ways with Josh Brent. May open up some room for Chucky Hunter!
I didn't know he was only a mini camp invitee. I hope this is a good thing for him because the Cowboys will only have three or four DTs left.

talor

cdsfrog said:
Yeah I just don't get it. Safer picks were available
Hey CDS here is another view on rookie picks that are the best picks in the draft.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/12873916/jameis-winston-buccaneers-six-perfect-2015-draft-fits-nfl 

3. Byron Jones, CB, Dallas Cowboys (No. 27 overall pick)
Jones is one of my favorite players in the 2015 draft class. There is not a better person coming out from an overall character standpoint, and he has all the natural physical skills you need to be an elite cornerback in today's NFL.
The Cowboys believe they have the structure in place to handle a wide variety of individuals from a personality and character perspective, but Jones will be one of those who sets the example, not needing the example set for him. Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli will demand he play with more consistent physicality at the point of attack, which I believe to be the biggest weakness in his game right now. Secondary coach Jerome Henderson is a former NFL corner himself and should be able to help Jones, who played only two years at cornerback at UConn, go through his inevitable growing pains.
Schematically, this is a multiple defense that likes to get its corners up on the line and challenge receivers aggressively, mixing in Cover 2, single-high man, double-high man-under, single-high true zone and fire zone coverages -- and Jones has the skills to play in all of these techniques. To top it all off, the Cowboys absolutely need Jones to come in and play early given the struggles of former first-rounder Morris Claiborne and expensive free-agent pickup Brandon Carr.