• The KillerFrogs

NFL Draft Thread

SwissArmyFrog

They also caught Green from behind that game, too; late in the 3rd quarter was one example (and thank Goodness Doctson recovered the fumble!).

McFroggin

Boykin4Prez said:

Was thinking the same thing LOL what a joke post that was
He ran a 4.6 at the combine. How is my comment regarding someone (DB's) being able to catch him a joke? Can we not be realistic about players on here? Great blocker, shifty, and elusive, but he stutter-steps and lacks the acceleration at the next level. If I'm dead wrong, why wasn't he drafted in the top 2 rounds?

McFroggin

SwissArmyFrog said:
They also caught Green from behind that game, too.
2 posters are arguing that BJ was never caught from behind, so I appreciate your comment with some realism.

I'm not saying that Green is unstoppable either. Green is not as good of a blocker, but in the open field, I would want the ball with Green more than any other RB on our 2014 roster. With our new spread attack, Green is better suited. I think he accelerates and finds holes faster than BJ. He shakes defenders so well.

I thank BJ for his service, but it's time he started applying for a real job.

cdsfrog

Catalon was a great all around RB for TCU. Green looked better at the end of year than Catalon ever did.

We'll see if that continues but if so he's probably looking at 1200 yards this year

SwissArmyFrog

I guess Catalon realized that his TCU playing days were over, and thought, "What the heck?  I might as well give the NFL a shot - never know unless you try."

If BJ has his degree, I don't disagree with his giving the NFL a shot, regardless of the odds of catching on.  Of course, faced with the prospect of taking on a RB who's next concussion would automatically induce retirement (an assumption, I know), I can understand no NFL team taking a look.

McFroggin said:
He ran a 4.6 at the combine. How is my comment regarding someone (DB's) being able to catch him a joke? Can we not be realistic about players on here? Great blocker, shifty, and elusive, but he stutter-steps and lacks the acceleration at the next level. If I'm dead wrong, why wasn't he drafted in the top 2 rounds?
I don't think he ever got caught from behind. I'm not saying he has NFL talent

SwissArmyFrog

Green's situation was interesting.  5 star out of high school, IIRC, but not making an impact at Nebraska...was he going to be a high school star who (for whatever reason) couldn't bring it to college? 

I think Catalon's injury was the main key in Green's explosion - he wasn't used much at Nebraska, and didn't get a great deal of time his first year at TCU - to me, looking back, he kind of got 'out of practice' through lack of game activity.  He was significantly better when 2015 started, but when he became 'the guy' after Catalon's injury, its like he exploded back to his high school form.

He got the opportunity to play his way back to his best form.

maximilian

SwissArmyFrog said:
Green's situation was interesting.  5 star out of high school, IIRC, but not making an impact at Nebraska...was he going to be a high school star who (for whatever reason) couldn't bring it to college? 

I think Catalon's injury was the main key in Green's explosion - he wasn't used much at Nebraska, and didn't get a great deal of time his first year at TCU - to me, he kind of got 'out of practice' through lack of game activity.  He was significantly better when 2015 started, but when he became 'the guy' after Catalon's injury, its like he exploded back to his high school form.

He got the opportunity to play his way back to his best form.

Green played his true freshman year at Nebraska. It's very hard to do that anywhere D1. AG's problem was that Ameer Abdullah jumped him on the depth chart. You saw how many touches AA got. Just not a lot of room for Green there.

Ended up working out for him.

Reptilian

Boykin4Prez said:
I don't think he ever got caught from behind. I'm not saying he has NFL talent
Yeah. The ole "there are clips online but can't be linked". Including the KO return where he torched everyone (baylor), I don't remember him running free and getting caught. He must be thinking of Green.

When the lights were on he was quite a bit faster than his combine number. Same with a lot of players. Not everyone trains to run 40s the way the combine wants it.

I'll hang up and wait for the linkies.

Reptilian

SwissArmyFrog said:
They also caught Green from behind that game, too; late in the 3rd quarter was one example (and thank Goodness Doctson recovered the fumble!).
Green isn't as fast as Catalon. At least not in pads. Plenty fast with better vision and better feet but when BJ got a crease it was church for the other team. I think he had a long TD vs OU last year and he was way faster than 4.6 or the entire ou secondary were pulling plows behind them.

Flying T

Tier 1
I like Green because he seems to take care of the ball. There for a while, every time BJ got the ball I would cringe waiting for a traditional fumble or for him to get blown up and fumble. That said, in my eyes both BJ and Green are great frogs who have handled themselves with manners and integrity, and I appreciate that in this day and age.

maximilian

Flying T said:
I like Green because he seems to take care of the ball. There for a while, every time BJ got the ball I would cringe waiting for a traditional fumble or for him to get blown up and fumble. That said, in my eyes both BJ and Green are great frogs who have handled themselves with manners and integrity, and I appreciate that in this day and age.

You're 100% right on Green, and not saying that BJ didn't do the same overall, but wasn't BJ suspended around the same time Waymon James was?

BU24601

Reptilian said:
Yeah. The ole "there are clips online but can't be linked". Including the KO return where he torched everyone (baylor), I don't remember him running free and getting caught. He must be thinking of Green.

When the lights were on he was quite a bit faster than his combine number. Same with a lot of players. Not everyone trains to run 40s the way the combine wants it.

I'll hang up and wait for the linkies.
Just watched the 14 minute game replay.(what a great game). Catalon never got caught from behind.

GlendarrochFrog

BU24601 said:
Just watched the 14 minute game replay.(what a great game). Catalon never got caught from behind.
That was a great game when we whipped your a.$.$. 45-10 in 2010. I believe that game was 35-3 at halftime. I don't think Catalon was on that team, though.

CountryFrog

BU24601 said:
How the hell could that game possibly get condensed down to 14 minutes? There were like 230 plays.

Purp

CountryFrog said:
How the hell could that game possibly get condensed down to 14 minutes? There were like 230 plays.
It's 14 minutes of Baylor Line "highlights".  There's no actual footage of football plays.

BJ with his talents should be in the NFL. The reason he is not, the concussions. You can't bring a guy like that who had a concussion that knocked him out for almost half the season. NFL players hitting him like Texas Tech and West Virginia did they would have a head injury lawsuit on their hands.

If BJ could of stayed healthy and had no concussions, what he did alone against LSU would of made teams want to draft him.