• The KillerFrogs

New York Post: Kansas-TCU shootout won’t happen with missing guards

Purp

Lightfoot scares me tonight. He’s athletic enough to make it hard on Samuel. Samuel is going to have to stay disciplined when guarding him. He made some big shots either last year or the year before at TCU
I'm not sure why, but he hasn't played much this season. I suspect it's the emergence of Dedric Lawson and the 4 guard lineup, but Lightfoot is only getting a smattering of minutes this year. I know he's played more the last couple of games, but I remember noticing a couple weeks ago he's had several DNPs this season and I don't think he's been hurt. IIRC he only played about 10 minutes against us the first time and that was above his season average.

To your point, he can be a threat, and as short as the KU bench is tonight I'm certain he'll get higher than average minutes. But I think Samuel defending on the block will have a better time with him than Samuel trying to defend him on the perimeter. I honestly don't expect CJD to try to defend Lightfoot with Samuel, though. I'd expect JD, Lat, or Noi to guard Lightfoot when he plays.

ETA: Just checked and Lightfoot has played 200 minutes in 22 of 24 games averaging 9.09 minutes per game played and 8.3 MsPG for all of's games.