• The KillerFrogs

New Uniform?

ShreveFrog

I like the horns on the trim. Wish we’d keep the same font we’ve been using. Lose the basketball player logo. But overall way better than anything we’ve worn since the Mtn West days.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Jordan is a sub-brand of Nike, nothing wrong with that and it's great PR for the program. However, if we can't field a better team this year no amount of branding, flash, and pomp will entice great players to come to TCU. Part of me wishes we could approach uniforms like the "blue blood" programs, but given the lack of a massive alumni and t-shirt fan base means we've got to exploit these types of marketing games to bring attention to the school. And don't fool yourself by denigrating Jordan as an antithetical brand for TCU football, it's a feather in the athletic department's cap that brings a lot of visibility among the kids these days.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
No silver numbers! Will be able to read them again.

Loved our WAC-era unis.

ghows-NB-6bc36d83-4177-41fc-acd1-0c42dd619bbc-81f8241f.jpeg

@TxFrog1999 Hopefully this extends to the basketball team too for Jordan basketball sneakers and appealing uniforms to help recruiting?

Mike Miles’ expression in the photo below is telling; feeling resigned to wearing gaudy girly lace at TCU, but he then left a year early. Men should wear straight vertical stripes instead of lace patterns.
IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3042.jpeg

Last edited:
Hell yea. I've been wearing Jordan's since I was in the 6th grade. I have 12 pairs right now.View attachment 15682
And you are now a senior in high school and I count 20 pairs of expensive clunky basketball sneakers? Have your wealthy parents started purchasing you any shoes that men wear? ;)

It is hot and humid in Texas, so when do you wear those thick suffocating high top basketball sneakers outside of high school classes and the gymnasium?

A certainty that you will have more shoes than your future wife.:)

Last edited: