• The KillerFrogs

New Stadium & Weight Room Photos

Limp Lizard

Speaking of lighting, something odd from the photos of the west upper deck. From the drawings, the banks of lights will be placed on the iron beams that stick above the upper deck in a tilted "v" shape. So going from south to north (or left to right), we have bank of lights, skip 2 sections, bank of lights, skip 2 sections, bank of lights, skip 3 sections, bank of lights. So I am assuming there will be some extra lighting on the north end. Does anyone know where?

Also, can't tell by the photos, what are they doing on the north upper deck? Installing seats?

And may I assume that the large rectangular structure on the southeast end of the stadium will be a scoreboard? The old screen/scoreboard?

Very impressive photos from behind the west side of the stadium. Those arches are looking great!

FungoFrog

Tier 1
The SE scoreboard structure is much farther away from the south endzone complex than I was expecting... Is it exactly the same board that had been in the north endzone? I hope not actually, would like to see an upgrade in picture quality...

And to answer a question I saw here a while back, the new sound system will be of high quality, but the biggest difference will be in the acoustics of the space. When everything is done in 2012, the sound will be much stronger all around the stadium, crisp and clear. At least, that is the theory being put out there.

fdub

what are they doing on the north upper deck? Installing seats?

I heard that those are molds for steps on the stairways up the decks. There is going to be a small step inbetween each seating row. You've seen this kind of thing in many other places; I was just at the Ballpark, and went up stairs in exactly the same design.

frogbyproxy

When it comes to sound and video quality it will be better. Let's face it the old AGC had old everything and that is why things were not perfect. Don't worry it has to get better!

It looks like everything is looking like it's on schedule. Quite a few people will be sitting in the new seats this year on the second on east and north sides.

My question is there a drop off point for disabled where we can drive up and let people out without getting security mad? Still can't walk good and still waiting for the Dorsal implant. If not I may not be able to make a game until November.

AEAfrog

When it comes to sound and video quality it will be better. Let's face it the old AGC had old everything and that is why things were not perfect. Don't worry it has to get better!

The sound and video systems in the old stadium were actually fairly new. The stadium was just an acoustical nightmare the way it was set up. The multideck design of the new stadium will allow for better speaker positioning and will do a better job holding the sound in.

bscttyb

The sound and video systems in the old stadium were actually fairly new. The stadium was just an acoustical nightmare the way it was set up. The multideck design of the new stadium will allow for better speaker positioning and will do a better job holding the sound in.

Didn't Del Conte say that the sound was going to come from the Scoreboard like the SMU stadium? I hope that's not the case, but I think it is.

frogbyproxy

That's what I get for listening to someone at a bar. :rolleyes: They said they had half old and half new tied together. Pass me another beer and i will be alright. :tongue:

AEAfrog

Didn't Del Conte say that the sound was going to come from the Scoreboard like the SMU stadium? I hope that's not the case, but I think it is.

I hadn't heard that and I hope that isn't the case. It would be a shame to build such a nice stadium only to have a high school audio set up.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan

It looks like everything is looking like it's on schedule. Quite a few people will be sitting in the new seats this year on the second on east and north sides.

My question is there a drop off point for disabled where we can drive up and let people out without getting security mad? Still can't walk good and still waiting for the Dorsal implant. If not I may not be able to make a game until November.
Wife is in room next door as I post this...recovering from her third total joint replacement. Some golf carts would be appreciated.