• The KillerFrogs

New Sidebar, Now With 100% Less Mobile Suckiness

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Sorry for the issues the new sidebar gave some of you addicted to KF.c via mobile devices. The sidebar is back, and it no longer nukes the mobile board. Enjoy the ads, support our sponsors or join the faithful and become a member.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Rather than use the IPB ap, have you tried going to killerfrogs.com and seeing if the mobile version works that way?

When I use the mobile ap, I get the same thing as you are describing but if I just type in the URL, I am taken to the mobile version of killerfrogs and it works great.

We have the mobile version running concurrently with the full version and my iphone picks right up on it

purpledawg

It's nice not to have all the extra clutter of the full version with the IPBoard app. I'll still click the links when I read from my PC, don't worry!

10 Key Frog

Rather than use the IPB ap, have you tried going to killerfrogs.com and seeing if the mobile version works that way?

When I use the mobile ap, I get the same thing as you are describing but if I just type in the URL, I am taken to the mobile version of killerfrogs and it works great.

We have the mobile version running concurrently with the full version and my iphone picks right up on it

I'm on the web page and not app and I have no board other than the top back up a board option just like last week.

TxFrog1999

Odd, I'm not seeing any problems.

I'll create a test account and get it sorted out tonight. So much for the easy fix.

TxFrog1999

Okay, I've disabled the sidebar and will continue to find a solution. Sorry. I've narrowed it down to the custom skin for the board, something in that skin is overriding all other settings. But you can continue to use the app for now.

IamFroglash88

On my phone (Samsung Impression), the mobile version was working the last time the sidebar was installed. While on the mobile version, I have never seen an option to log on. I can change it to the full version and log on, but loading takes forever. Are we supposed to be able to log on while using the mobile version?

Time for a new phone. If I didn't leave my previous phone on the hood of my car, while taking a picture with the wife just outside the Frank Lloyd Wright house the day after the Fiesta Bowl, I would be up for a renewal in June. But now I have to wait until January :wacko:.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I never liked the IPB app. On my iPhone (GS3 current software) I just use Safari and have the forum bookmarked and it has always worked perfect for me. Just saying.

Perhaps it helps because I'm Tier 1 or does that matter on the iPhone?

zfrawg

I never liked the IPB app. On my iPhone (GS3 current software) I just use Safari and have the forum bookmarked and it has always worked perfect for me. Just saying.

Perhaps it helps because I'm Tier 1 or does that matter on the iPhone?

Now all I get is the full version regardless of anything I try. The IP Board app when working even pulled up the full version of the board. I'm having the same issue accessing the mobile version of the Big East Board also (though it works on the IP Board app). Other sites are going to the mobile versions with no issues. I'm on an iPhone 4 and using Safari. I've cleared all cookies, history & cache.