• The KillerFrogs

New Orleans Times-Picayune: LSU target Daylon Mack says he would choose TCU if he had to pick today

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
New Orleans Times-Picayune: LSU target Daylon Mack says he would choose TCU if he had to pick today

By James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter

Orlando --  LSU has been hot on the trail of Texas defensive tackle Daylon Mack from the onset of his recruitment. After decommitting from Texas A&M, Mack released a top two of LSU and TCU. While that's still the case, it appears that LSU has some work to do if they plan to pull him out of Texas.

Mack was asked if it were solely up to him with distance and everything else not being a factor would he pick LSU:

"Yeah, they would. They probably would, but if I had to commit today it would probably be TCU just because my parents are all on the same page...

"LSU I mean, I like them, but I know my parents don't really like out of state, but if they get down there and like it LSU could possibly be my leader." ...

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/12/lsu_target_daylon_mack_says_he.html

Wag the Frog

Can't fault a kid for being swayed by an LSU game environment. Baton Rouge had my buddy and I both wishing we went to school there too. Hopefully Momma wins this one though.

I don't like to be on the side of, "If I were to pick today I would pick TCU, but..."

Don't want the BUT...

This kid would be a super star at TCU. Would help bring a new Era of TCU football with the great talent also coming in. TCU is known for defense and has QBs of the future so the other side of the ball is going to help the defense.

With the talent TCU is bringing on the DL and Mack....wowsers....unstoppable.

still a looooooong time till February.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he signs with the Frogs in February, but i don't really expect it.  The other two (three if aTm is still in it) are much bigger marquee names with a bigger track record of producing 1st round NFL draftees on defense.  TCU is recruiting uphill against that.

Though we could be involved in one of these:
ku-xlarge.gif

Limp Lizard

Capt John Mason SAS said:
I will be pleasantly surprised if he signs with the Frogs in February, but i don't really expect it.  The other two (three if aTm is still in it) are much bigger marquee names with a bigger track record of producing 1st round NFL draftees on defense.  TCU is recruiting uphill against that.

The higher draft choices is 99.9% due to schools like LSU recruiting much better talent.  If you take into account where they were in high school vs NFL careers, TCU beats the hell out of those schools in development.

Also I am always nervous about kids choosing on NFL potential.  That is why Gray went to Texas, and he has had a mediocre career.  If you have talent, work hard and have great coaching, you will get drafted, even if you are at a Div II school.  Plus I don't think anybody develops defensive linemen better than Bumpas.

frogyou

i am starting to think we land him.

at some point we will grab a five star kiddo. i think too many people still maintain that MWC mindset here. 

with this defensive class and the new offense, the next few years could be special.

Portland Frog

As many say on here, lets hope he has the frog factor and is willing to work hard and doesn't expect anything to be handed to him on a silver platter (assuming he signs obviously).

BigPurple87

frogyou said:
i am starting to think we land him.

at some point we will grab a five star kiddo. i think too many people still maintain that MWC mindset here. 

with this defensive class and the new offense, the next few years could be special.
4 star

worthag03

No one really know's who we're getting a D-Coordinator but if it is Chavis I think that would be bad for TCU.  Mack isn't leaving the state and if he had to choose today I certainly think it's TCU, but A&M can land Chavis then that would be huge in getting Mack back on the Sumlin train.  Another thing would be TCU's game against Ole Miss.  Mack's feelings change pretty easily so whipping a good SEC team would help tremendously. 

Latest posts