• The KillerFrogs

New Lupton Stadium/Williams-Reilly Field Demensions

Kansas Frog

- The new dimensions for the Lupton Stadium fence have been decided...

Before the renovations, here is what the players had to deal with

330(Left) - 390(Left-Center) - 400(Center) - 380(Right-Center) - 330(Right)

Post renovations, here are the new outfield wall dimensions (approx.)
325(Left), 375(Left-Center), 390(Center), 370(Right-Center), 320(Right)

The new outfield fence will not be a smooth ark, should have some angles/jut-outs in it giving it more definition.

Ron Swanson

The long fly ball home run - how boring.

Our walls were way farther than the average park, when considering the wind. We always had way fewer HRs per game at home than away. When you have a park like that, you have to build your team around a one-base-at-a-time philosophy, which sucks and is boring.

Kansas Frog

We are basically leveraging our truly talented pitching staff against the park... We figure we can make the park more hitter friendly and not effect our RA because we have talent on the mound, while we will increase our RS because our offense proves it can score runs in other parks that are more offensively friendly...

Higher RS, a few more RA, run differential at home gets better, we win more games, more offensive players commit to TCU, etc. etc. etc.

SnoSki

I think it's a good decision. Can't remember the last time I saw the wind blow outwards at Lupton. Seems almost always be blowing in from LF or CF.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
How does that change anything? Did your house move closer in too?

With the wall closer in, it increases the chances of the ball clearing the wall and rolling across the street. Don't make me draw a diagram; I'm an architect and I'll frikkin' do it.

It was supposed to. Maniac didn't show up again to Newbomb's house. He was to help move it closer to Lupton.

You're closer to the truth that you think. What's the point of having a grandson if you can't make him help you move or haul turf out of Amon Carter Stadium?

West Coast Johnny

Our walls were way farther than the average park, when considering the wind. We always had way fewer HRs per game at home than away. When you have a park like that, you have to build your team around a one-base-at-a-time philosophy, which sucks and is boring.
Lets make our stadium smaller - so its easy to hit a home run! Just like every major league team did!

SnoSki

We're not making it easy, we're making it normal

The previous distances really did more to neutralize our bats than they did help our pitchers.. if that makes any sense.

We've had pitching for years that kept the ball in the park regardless of the fence placement. The thing is, the old fence placement allowed just-average pitchers to come into Lupton and look like Cy Young against our bats. Sometimes later in the season we'd face the same guy in a different venue and light him up. Hopefully this is a distance where our bats have some extra help but the pitchers aren't too adversely affected.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
On the bats issue, someone mentioned that the new bats are actually less responsive now to wood bats, especially when brand new. Haven't looked at any studies but wonder if some players may start switching back to the real things?