• The KillerFrogs

New JumboFrog 5000 coming in 2019

Wexahu

So, what is all the preoccupation with giant screens? Seriously, shouldn’t the concentration be on the field? Is this just pride thing against other schools or what? Sounds like money that could be better spent elsewhere.

The goal these days is to make the experience at the game as much like watching at home as possible (minus the 70-degree temps and $9.00 six-packs of beer).....and then complain when people don't show up because they are actually watching the game at home.

Salfrog

Tier 1
The board is going to extend from flagpole to flagpole unless they have changed the plans since it was delayed.

The inside flagpoles or outside flagpoles? I was under the assumption the outside flagpoles. Someone had even suggested it was going to go from the east stands across the west stands to enclose that whole area. Who knows anymore. I guess we will see when it's built.

OmniscienceFrog

So, what is all the preoccupation with giant screens? Seriously, shouldn’t the concentration be on the field? Is this just pride thing against other schools or what? Sounds like money that could be better spent elsewhere.
Do you still have a 32" TV in your den or living room? You could see it, but a 55" or bigger, is much better.

Boomhauer

For those missing the joke, here’s the actual rendering.

yvPKomo_d.jpg

Current:

amon-g-carter-stadium-section-238-view.jpg

For references, CDC previously commented back in January or so that it’s slightly larger than Baylor’s video board at the new McLane Stadium.

IMO, it should still be larger. Baylor’s is closer to the stands because it’s not on top of a second deck. I think they could nearly get rid of the podium and go quite a bit wider and taller

Yep, still too small. Wonder where that one will move to when we decide to go bigger in another 5yrs.