• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Tournament Selection Party?

Does anyone know if TCU is planning any sort of Selection Sunday event or party? It's been 20 years, you'd think they'd have something fun in the works, even if just for the ESPN cameras and season ticket holders.

f_399

Did we have one for the rose bowl?

I remember being in Daniel Meyer but I forget if it was for the victory party or the selection... or both lol

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

I remember being in Daniel Meyer but I forget if it was for the victory party or the selection... or both lol
There was definitely a victory celebration, I was there. That poor old lady couldn’t handle the delay of the sound system and spoke like she was having a stroke.

PurpleBlood87

Had a party the year they were selected to play in the Fiesta Bowl. Then after it was revealed the Frogs would play Boise State all the wind was sucked out of the sails.
Like the two teenagers were told they had to sit at the kids table at Thanksgiving dinner.

PurpleBlood87

Baseball team has selection parties each year don' see why men's basketball wouldn't have one. Unless Jamie just wants the team to be alone.

ftwfrog

Maybe this isn’t the right thread (so I’ll post in 4 or 5 others):

Do you know if the higher seeds 1 vs 16 & 2 vs 15 usually play the night game? Or does it all depend on “marquee” name? I don’t remember too many 1 seeds playing the early 11:00 tip off and I don’t remember too many 6 vs 11 or 5 vs 12 playing night games. I’m probably way off.

Trying to look into hotels and would love to get there the day of game one.

I know predicting at this point is silly. Just wondering if there is a set formula.

Boonescabanaboy

Being an OSU fan is almost synonymous with having a chip on your shoulder so I'll go ahead and live up to that image.

I started the season with no expectations, no chance for disappointment. During the course of this basketball season OSU's basketball team found a way to make me think we deserve to be in the tournament while knowing we won't be. To add to the disgust OU will probably still get in despite an identical conference and overall record and OSU beating OU 2 out of 3 this year, the last one in the Big 12 tourney.

Not that anyone here cares, but just to whine:

Nobody in the country has more top 10 wins than OSU this year (2 on the road).
Nobody in the country has more top 25 wins than OSU this year.

NIT

BTW someone could have made a fortune betting the exact opposite of my picks all year long for OSU games.

Sebastian S

It won't be as exciting because they are releasing the whole field initially then the destinations and matchups will take up the rest of the program.

LVH

Maybe this isn’t the right thread (so I’ll post in 4 or 5 others):

Do you know if the higher seeds 1 vs 16 & 2 vs 15 usually play the night game? Or does it all depend on “marquee” name? I don’t remember too many 1 seeds playing the early 11:00 tip off and I don’t remember too many 6 vs 11 or 5 vs 12 playing night games. I’m probably way off.

Trying to look into hotels and would love to get there the day of game one.

I know predicting at this point is silly. Just wondering if there is a set formula.

It's all based on TV

Once the bracket is out CBS/Turner Sports executives get together in a room and hammer out the times which come out about 3-4 hours after the bracket is released. Has nothing to do with seeding or region. Generally markets where there is higher college basketball viewership get put in prime time but even then we have seen teams like Kentucky and Duke play in the AM.

Nobody knows, its a crapshoot.

ATC Frog

It won't be as exciting because they are releasing the whole field initially then the destinations and matchups will take up the rest of the program.

Yep. Releasing all 68 teams in the field in alphabetical order right at the start of the selection show. Then doing the normal revealing of brackets/matchups and discussing ad nauseum.

That’s the new deal they’re trying out this year to avoid having the bracket leak like last year’s did.

ATC Frog

Being an OSU fan is almost synonymous with having a chip on your shoulder so I'll go ahead and live up to that image.

I started the season with no expectations, no chance for disappointment. During the course of this basketball season OSU's basketball team found a way to make me think we deserve to be in the tournament while knowing we won't be. To add to the disgust OU will probably still get in despite an identical conference and overall record and OSU beating OU 2 out of 3 this year, the last one in the Big 12 tourney.

Not that anyone here cares, but just to whine:

Nobody in the country has more top 10 wins than OSU this year (2 on the road).
Nobody in the country has more top 25 wins than OSU this year.

NIT

BTW someone could have made a fortune betting the exact opposite of my picks all year long for OSU games.

AKA the trae young factor. OSU is definitely playing better ball currently and would likely fare better than OU will, but I agree with you.

At least OSU will likely be a 1 seed in the NIT if they miss the dance.

Bob

What the ? I saw party, but there is no party? Probably cause boobies are not allowed.

Anyway, what day does this blessed event take place? I'll be coming back from Albuquerque on Tuesday afternoon (no relation to the Moody Blues song) so if it is Tuesday, I'll buy drinks for anybody who shows up at the Western in Cloudcroft. I shot my TV at the end of the KS game, so will have to watch sports at the bar for awhile.

ftwfrog

It's all based on TV

Once the bracket is out CBS/Turner Sports executives get together in a room and hammer out the times which come out about 3-4 hours after the bracket is released. Has nothing to do with seeding or region. Generally markets where there is higher college basketball viewership get put in prime time but even then we have seen teams like Kentucky and Duke play in the AM.

Nobody knows, its a crapshoot.
Oh no! So the selection show is at 5pm Sunday. But we might not know if we play at 11am or 7pm until later than that??

#firstworldproblems #hiltonpoints