• The KillerFrogs

NCAA: 2024 Selection Sunday: Date, schedule, TV times

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
March is finally here. Selection Sunday for March Madness 2024 is Sunday, March 17. The 68-team fields for the men's and women's NCAA DI basketball tournaments will be released during selection shows. The men's tournament will be revealed at 6 p.m. ET on CBS, with the women's tournament announcement at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.

Here's the schedule for the 2024 men's tournament:
Selection Sunday: 6 p.m. ET Sunday, March 17 on CBS
First Four: March 19-20
First round: March 21-22
Second round: March 23-24
Sweet 16: March 28-29
Elite Eight: March 30-31
Final Four: April 6 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona
NCAA championship game: April 8 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona

These are the sites for the men's tournament in 2024:
ROUND CITY VENUE DATES HOST
First Four Dayton, Ohio UD Arena March 19 - 20 University of Dayton
First/Second Brooklyn. N.Y. Barclays Center March 22 -24 Atlantic 10 Conference
First/Second Charlotte, N.C. Spectrum Center March 21 - 23 University of North Carolina at Charlotte
First/Second Indianapolis Gainbridge Fieldhouse March 22 - 24 IUPUI / Horizon League
First/Second Omaha, Neb. CHI Health Center March 21 - 23 Creighton University
First/Second Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena March 21 -23 Duquesne University
First/Second Salt Lake City Vivint Smart Home Arena March 22 - 24 University of Utah
First/Second Spokane, Wash. Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena March 21 - 23 University of Idaho
First/Second Memphis, Tenn. FedExForum March 22 - 24 University of Memphis
East Regional Boston TD Garden March 28 - 30 Boston College
South Regional Dallas American Airlines Center March 29 -31 Big 12 Conference
Midwest Regional Detroit Little Caesars Arena March 29 - 31 University of Detroit Mercy / Oakland University
West Regional Los Angeles Crypto.com Arena March 28 - 30 Pepperdine University

Check out the women's schedule below:
Selection Sunday: 8 p.m. ET Sunday, March 17 on ESPN
First Four: March 20-21
First round: March 22-23
Second round: March 24-25
Sweet 16: March 29-30
Elite Eight: March 31-April 1
Final Four: Friday, April 5 at 7:30 and 9 p.m. ET on ESPN, hosted at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio
NCAA championship game: Sunday, April 7 at 3 p.m. ET on ABC, hosted at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio

2024 REGIONAL ROUND SITES
Round City Venue Dates Host
Sweet 16/Elite Eight Albany, N.Y. Times Union Center March 29 - April 1 MAAC
Sweet 16/Elite Eight Portland, Ore. Moda Center March 29 - April 1 Oregon State

Putt4Purple

A question pertaining to the Arena's or Stadium venues. I thought Dickies Arena was built to attract the NCAA basketball tourney to be played here occasionally? If they have maybe I missed it. It would be nice to at least have the first round of games played there. Its a nice arena!

Boomhauer

A question pertaining to the Arena's or Stadium venues. I thought Dickies Arena was built to attract the NCAA basketball tourney to be played here occasionally? If they have maybe I missed it. It would be nice to at least have the first round of games played there. Its a nice arena!

They played NCAA first and second round games at Dickies in 2022.

ftwfrog

A question pertaining to the Arena's or Stadium venues. I thought Dickies Arena was built to attract the NCAA basketball tourney to be played here occasionally? If they have maybe I missed it. It would be nice to at least have the first round of games played there. It’s a nice arena!
They have also hosted the AAC tournament. Unfortunately, there are about 75 fans there per game. I was thinking/hoping they’d move the tournament to a more central location and read that the contract runs through 2026.

Boomhauer

That’s good. Not sure if you know but it’s been here once so does it go on a rotation basis?

They usually rotate around but not sure there’s an official process on that or if it’s based on bids or what.

Here’s a link showing future NCAA tourney sites and I don’t see Dickies on the list for now, but it only shows the next two years of first rd sites

NCAA Tournament Future Sites