• The KillerFrogs

My turn to weigh in

SnoSki

Next year will be critical for our offensive coaches. Our quarterback is a good player and I hate to think of where we would be with out him, but he has a limited skill set. We have a bunch of young talent that will be in the spotlight. We really need this group to step up. Hoping Graham can get back on the field, Manning to get healthy and somebody replaces Turpin, maybe Snell. I don't expect Sean to be a super star, but hope he improves through out the year. He will be tested early on a big stage but our Big 12 home schedule is pretty favorable.

Cumbie, its your guys next year. Lets see what you can do!

Next year, Cumbie finally gets to start a QB that he recruited from HS (Robinson or Rogers), that didn’t have another coach on him as a freshman. It’ll be interesting to see.

jake102

Next year, Cumbie finally gets to start a QB that he recruited from HS (Robinson or Rogers), that didn’t have another coach on him as a freshman. It’ll be interesting to see.

Yep. Looking forward to it. I don't think Rogers will be in the picture... don't think he has any chance of practicing until season has already started.

HFrog12

Next year will be critical for our offensive coaches. Our quarterback is a good player and I hate to think of where we would be with out him, but he has a limited skill set. We have a bunch of young talent that will be in the spotlight. We really need this group to step up. Hoping Graham can get back on the field, Manning to get healthy and somebody replaces Turpin, maybe Snell. I don't expect Sean to be a super star, but hope he improves through out the year. He will be tested early on a big stage but our Big 12 home schedule is pretty favorable.

Cumbie, its your guys next year. Lets see what you can do!

Isn't Turpin only a Junior? I haven't heard about him leaving early.

Raw Frog

Yep. We made a bunch of freshmen/bad players look like the Seahawks secondary. We just don't even attempt to make any difficult throws which makes it very easy on a secondary.

You noticed that Baker would throw the ball deep to the open spot sometimes and let his receivers lay out for the catch, which they did. There was no way we could have defensed against that. We needed to do the same thing.

jake102

You noticed that Baker would throw the ball deep to the open spot sometimes and let his receivers lay out for the catch, which they did. There was no way we could have defensed against that. We needed to do the same thing.

He also hits receivers on crossing routes over the middle of the field and run deep comeback routes, etc

Paint It Purple

Anderson was in a boot Saturday night back in Fort Worth. I don't expect him back till the spring practices
I've heard the injury was ankle. Don't know if this is accurate or not. If true and short of fractures, our medical staff is atrocious at managing these injuries in a timely fashion. There. I've now called out the trainer and the doctor. No names. No players.

Limp Lizard

Just get Mayfield to play for us. He is the most accurate college QB I have ever seen. Don't like the guy, but damn he is good.

Raw Frog

Just get Mayfield to play for us. He is the most accurate college QB I have ever seen. Don't like the guy, but damn he is good.

He really is. His footwork as he goes through his progression is spectacular. He keeps a wide base, ever pumping his feet. That assures him that his feet are planted and he is stepping into his passes. He puts zip on it, but he can also put the ball in the right spot with touch too. He is plain good, and he should be drafted. I would take him if I was needing QB depth on a pro team.

FrogLifeYo

OU had a bunch of freshman (or players with limited experience) starting in the secondary. We could not take advantage of it. I'm not sure if game plan or execution was the problem, but it was frustrating to watch.

I'll never forget a play in KH's first start last year where he dropped back moved to his left and launched a bomb down the sideline to Taj..Taj had his man beat by 5 yards and had to literally stop
He was definitely helped out greatly by more than a few terrific catches... Watch that game back and you'll quickly realize we were beat by a very talented team that also had everything break right for them.. it just wasn't our night. If we get another crack at them I'd be hard pressed to believe it will be that decisive. We may loose but it shouldn't be that lopsided