• The KillerFrogs

My thoughts on the Patterson / A&M smoke

smufrogger

GP and RC are good friends and if RC called, GP would definitely talk to him and consider what he is saying

That doesn’t mean he was ever even close to considering leaving

You can listen to a person and their position in a respectful and serious manner and still say no
I have been at my job less than half the time Gary's been at tcu. I politely respond to recruiters but reality is I go in believing they are trying to sell me trouble wrapped in a few more benjamins. Someday I may be willing to listen , but unless my company is ready to fire me- that day isn't the day the recruiter is pitching me "a great opportunity ". But there is no sense in burning any bridges so I listen and politely decline

smufrogger

You can write and believe that all you want, but you are wrong.

It's not the popular opinion on this board, but there was definitely smoke.

Gary considered going to A&M much more than anyone on this board wants to admit. At the end of the day, he came back to his senses and realized the temptations of Aggy Land and the SEC didn't outweigh what he's got going at TCU. But to say he didn't genuinely consider the idea of leaving is a not true. I'm 100% confident about this.
I'm 100% laughing st this.
No disrespect, and I'm sure you believe the story but it's humorous- Reality is very, very few know what gary is thinking- even after taking with Gary personally on the matter and that number of people is far less than obviously you will come to admit.
But to your credit- I'm sure you were told by "insiders" there was smoke and he Earnestly gave consideration to the job(s)
Gary wouldn't want in any other way- nor would I!