• The KillerFrogs

Music we play at football games

Bizarro Frog

There is also zero coordination as to when the band plays and when the AV crew is playing. Band started up something cool and 20 seconds into it here comes deafening stupid nothing crap music drowning out the band. The band just quit playing - they can’t compete against the PA.

Agree on replays - we came to see football:

Glad to know it wasn’t me on the play clock and game clock - couldn’t find the play clocks.

I can’t decipher the scoreboards - just the way they are laid out can be confusing. Maybe I am getting too old and need to move into the club room.
The scoreboard in the South end zone has been confusing since they reopened the stadium. It list timeouts first then down and distance. Every time I look up I think it’s 3rd down especially after a few cocktails.

I am going to contact them about the music. One of the reasons college football games in person blow away the pros is the tradition and the band.

BleedNPurple

Agree with you completely. I went down to the South end zone for the final 4 minutes and that scoreboard is worthless. I agree about the band - Is prefer to hear them play than listen to over cranked ear splitting disco music.

Pharm Frog

I don’t like our game production either but really couldn’t care much less about it. Wouldn’t mind nothing but the PA, band, the Showgirls, replays, the FrogHorn, and some of those pyrotechnics. All the other stuff is just distracting from why I go see a ballgame live.

Strat Frog

Great thread, and so true. Sporting events in general have become one loud marketing blitz. Remember when the marching band just played in between breaks in the action?

Pharm Frog

The one thing that I allowed myself to get irritated about was the PA fella talking over about half of the Showgirls’ halftime performance. Kinda defeated the purpose of “introducing” it when it’s been going on for a while.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The "music" is deafening. And annoying. There isn't a moment that goes by when you are not assaulted by sound pumped out at top volume. Conversation is impossible.

Our seats are up on the North end, and the speakers are insanely loud. I packed a little radio this year just to check what Denton and Estridge were saying, find out what the penalties/replay situations were, and the "music" was simply too loud to understand the radio. Insane.

The "Pro Sports Experience" these imbeciles are trying to emulate is a loser. Once Upon A Time, the Bands provided music. Now, it is alleged "musicians" and beat machines pounding my poor eardrums into submission between each and every play.

Honestly, turn it off. Shut it down. It's Amon G. Carter Stadium, not Studio 54. I would be a happy guy if somebody took a chainsaw to the guts of those damned speakers...

netty2424

The scoreboard in the South end zone has been confusing since they reopened the stadium. It list timeouts first then down and distance. Every time I look up I think it’s 3rd down especially after a few [ the old ricardo ]tails.

I am going to contact them about the music. One of the reasons college football games in person blow away the pros is the tradition and the band.
Agree about the SEZ scoreboard. It’s a complete mess.

Regarding the band, won’t be popular, but .....couldn’t care less. Bands are antiquated imo.

And for clarification, I sit northwest lower bowl and I can rarely even hear our band. I hear opposing bands way more than our own. So maybe hearing opposing bands play more than our own is what’s made me indifferent.

Bizarro Frog

I guess I just harken back to my childhood and remember the music of the band being the only entertainment.

From going to TCU games and watching college football on TV as a kid part of my brain seems to have been dedicated to the forever memory of the TCU, Oklahoma, Michigan and ND bands fight songs.

Pharm Frog

I guess I just harken back to my childhood and remember the music of the band being the only entertainment.

From going to TCU games and watching college football on TV as a kid part of my brain seems to have been dedicated to the forever memory of the TCU, Oklahoma, Michigan and ND bands fight songs.

The fact that you used the phrase "harken back" was more than sufficient to let me know where you would land on this issue.

r7commish

The "music" is deafening. And annoying. There isn't a moment that goes by when you are not assaulted by sound pumped out at top volume. Conversation is impossible.

Our seats are up on the North end, and the speakers are insanely loud. I packed a little radio this year just to check what Denton and Estridge were saying, find out what the penalties/replay situations were, and the "music" was simply too loud to understand the radio. Insane.

The "Pro Sports Experience" these imbeciles are trying to emulate is a loser. Once Upon A Time, the Bands provided music. Now, it is alleged "musicians" and beat machines pounding my poor eardrums into submission between each and every play.

Honestly, turn it off. Shut it down. It's Amon G. Carter Stadium, not Studio 54. I would be a happy guy if somebody took a chainsaw to the guts of those damned speakers...

I moved my seats from 407 to 401 after year one of the new west side for this very reason. Just like Back to the Future, “I’m sorry folks, you’re just too darn loud.”

I’d like to know who actually likes the loud music they play and who exactly is in charge of it.