• The KillerFrogs

MS Football - From author of Bagman

Realtorfrog

It was so obvious they were paying big money when the nations top recruits started signing with ole miss. They didn’t care, they knew the ncaa wouldn’t do anything.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
“If you’re an Ole Miss fan, you’re probably an [ Arschloch] lawyer in seersucker. If you’re a Mississippi State fan, you’re probably an [ Arschloch] redneck in camouflage.”

Frog-in-law1995

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Peach Bowl. Heh...

But, the portrayal of the NCAA in this is appalling. Considering that this is a "new and improved" NCAA, re-tooled after the Miami and Scam Newton fiascos, they haven't improved a damned bit. Probably gotten worse, if anything. Their enforcement of "rules" has always been selective, and they would (as shown) rather make a splashy public example of somebody than actually doing the boring work of enforcing the core aspect of their mission. Rather than reforming the NCAA, we'd be better served to tear it all down and salt the earth...

Zubaz

Peach Bowl. Heh...

But, the portrayal of the NCAA in this is appalling. Considering that this is a "new and improved" NCAA, re-tooled after the Miami and Scam Newton fiascos, they haven't improved a damned bit. Probably gotten worse, if anything. Their enforcement of "rules" has always been selective, and they would (as shown) rather make a splashy public example of somebody than actually doing the boring work of enforcing the core aspect of their mission. Rather than reforming the NCAA, we'd be better served to tear it all down and salt the earth...
I wasn't aware anyone thought the NCAA was "new and improved". Penn State, Miami, and USC showed that the NCAA is ultimately toothless and really doesn't have much of the authority, and it seems more likely the NCAA needs the big FBS programs than vice versa.

flyfishingfrog

I just want to start paying baseball recruits...if the NCAA doesn’t care about football they surely can’t find time to trouble themselves with baseball

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I wasn't aware anyone thought the NCAA was "new and improved". Penn State, Miami, and USC showed that the NCAA is ultimately toothless and really doesn't have much of the authority, and it seems more likely the NCAA needs the big FBS programs than vice versa.
The author of the piece linked above referred to it that way somewhere in there.

As to them being toothless, well, no. They aren't. But, it is clear that there are certain hands they will not bite...

Zubaz

The author of the piece linked above referred to it that way somewhere in there.

As to them being toothless, well, no. They aren't. But, it is clear that there are certain hands they will not bite...
Let me rephrase: They are toothless to any major program large / rich enough to fight them. And if they push too hard, they might end up without their biggest moneymakers.

The TCU Football Jerk

The NCAA has and will be worthless as an enforcer ever since there was talk of the P5 conferences pulling out of the NCAA and starting their own league. Sure, you'll get a slap if you're not a marquee team and your sins are egregious, but that's just for public appearances.