• The KillerFrogs

More Proof of how good our defensive line is...

CountryFrog

Manziel. Cam Newton
Yea, I'm certainly not in the camp that thinks Mayfield was a once in a generation QB. I think he was better than Manziel (although it's close), but definitely not Newton. I also think DeShaun Watson, Andrew Luck, and Vince Young were better. That's just off the top of my head. There are probably a few more I'd put ahead of him that I can't think of immediately. I'm not totally sure that I wouldn't take Boykin ahead of Mayfield although I'm certainly biased on that one.

The OU offense was a beast though with the combination of him, that OL, and those RB's plus a terrific TE and speed at WR.

CountryFrog

Maybe, but they didn't play for OU. He was a generation QB for OU and yes, better than Bradford.
That's certainly a different conversation if you're limiting it to just OU. Bradford would be close. Bradford was a better passer from the pocket but there's a good argument to be made that Mayfield was a better overall player.

Limp Lizard

Three reasons OU hurt us:
1. Mayfield
2. Mayfield
3. Mayfield

We could not play the run because Mayfield, at the end of the regular season especially, was fitting the ball into tiny spots, at the absolutely right time and to the absolutely correct player. I can see OU losing to both Florida Atlantic and UCLA early this year...and I am not happy about it because it will hurt the perception of the conference.