• The KillerFrogs

Monroe News-Star: Hunter commits to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Monroe News-Star: Hunter commits to TCU

By Tabby Soignier • tsoignier@thenewsstar.com

West Monroe defensive tackle Chuck Hunter is not completely over the Rebels' loss in the Class 5A state championship last month.

But that isn't keeping the lineman from moving on with his future.Hunter committed to TCU on Sunday morning after an official visit over the weekend to the Horned Frogs' campus in Fort Worth, Texas.

"I've been liking TCU for a while," Hunter said. "When I went down there, it felt like I was at home. The current players and I really hit it off."

The 6-1, 290-pound tackle flew to Fort Worth on Friday with his father, Charles Sr.

The younger Hunter said he knew by the time Friday had ended he wanted to commit to the Horned Frogs. ...

View attachment 1286

VictoryLap

I liked this part of the story:

"Hunter is the third defensive lineman from the area to commit to a school in an automatic qualifying conference."

Hunter looks like a real hoss. A year in TCU's Strength & Conditioning

program should produce some gratifying results. Gotta love it! :wink:

FrogAbroad

Hunter looks like a real hoss. A year in TCU's Strength & Conditioning

program should produce some gratifying results. Gotta love it! :wink:

I kinda think he'll redshirt his first year to bulk up and to get used to university student life. I wish him all the best.

TCURealtyFrog

Needs time in the TCU weight room to bulk up? This guy is 290 already, as a 17 or 18 year old kid! :). He may have an opprlortunity to play this year with Grant and Griffin graduating. I know Patterson would love if 2 young guys like Hunter & David Johnson could anchor the interior of our defensive line for 4 years in a row!

Needs time in the TCU weight room to bulk up? This guy is 290 already, as a 17 or 18 year old kid! :). He may have an opprlortunity to play this year with Grant and Griffin graduating. I know Patterson would love if 2 young guys like Hunter & David Johnson could anchor the interior of our defensive line for 4 years in a row!

It would be nice if he could convert some of his current bulk into muscle.

Young and Horned

I hope he takes advantage of the academic program and all of the help they offer athletes here as well. Three times to get a 20 isn't that bad, but college classes can get the better of you if you let it. I am really looking forward to this guy playing here. I love watch players from my neck of the woods. That is why Jimmy was a favorite.