• The KillerFrogs

Mike Miles averaging...

Wexahu

Miles has a long way to go before he gets NBA looks. His size just doesn't fit well in the modern game. If he can improve his shooting even more to be really deadly, then he will have a chance.

Yep. There are too many 6-7+ guys that can do all the things guards do now, there just isn't much room for the small guys anymore, unless their talent is just off the charts.

I think that is why college basketball is so guard dominated.......lots of really good basketball players that just don't have the size for the NBA game, so they stay in school a lot longer than the big kids.

Punter1

as i mentioned in a recent comment on the game thread, the way in which the frogs moved the ball overall in the half court really is encouraging and can only help mike and rj.

i am curious where farabello fits when he returns to the squad

Fab belongs on the bench getting 10 mins a game tops. Miles, RJ, Todd and PJ need almost all of the mins at the 1 and 2 spots...

Rose Bowl

Miles has a long way to go before he gets NBA looks. His size just doesn't fit well in the modern game. If he can improve his shooting even more to be really deadly, then he will have a chance.
Mike does need to work on some things but make no mistake he’s being watched very closely by the NBA. With more improvements in his game and he’ll be gone in in another year. Fisher was really good as a freshman and a really good defender.

netty2424

Damian Walker is the closest I can come and I'd actually give him the slight nod at this point. Dude was an absolute beast. Miles is the best freshman guard I think we've ever had and it isn't close...

Walker averaged 21 and 9 as an undersized center in '96. His regression then transfer is one of the most puzzling things I've ever seen as a TCU basketball fan.
Played on a select team out of south Dallas in high school. Walker was one of the blue chips on our team. Dude was one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. Incredible talent.

One of the tournaments we played in was in Vegas. This was in ‘94-95 when Stephon Marbury was one of if not the top high school player in the country.

We went to UNLV to watch SM play. Gym was standing room only. He was late for the game. About 5 minutes into the game we noticed the crowd started looking in towards the tunnel. Stephon comes walking through towards the bench. He drops his bag, and just kept walking right past the coach to the scores table. Dead ball, he just walked onto the court and put on a show. Legend.

Punter1

Played on a select team out of south Dallas in high school. Walker was one of the blue chips on our team. Dude was one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. Incredible talent.

One of the tournaments we played in was in Vegas. This was in ‘94-95 when Stephon Marbury was one of if not the top high school player in the country.

We went to UNLV to watch SM play. Gym was standing room only. He was late for the game. About 5 minutes into the game we noticed the crowd started looking in towards the tunnel. Stephon comes walking through towards the bench. He drops his bag, and just kept walking right past the coach to the scores table. Dead ball, he just walked onto the court and put on a show. Legend.