• The KillerFrogs

Michael Collins-I guess he gets his chance now

Horny4TCU

Seems certain he is the starter vs TTU. Play calling has to be more aggressive and we gotta throw down the field more. 17 points not enough most weeks in Big 12.
I kinda liked our third quarter drive until the end... If we can run the ball and take 8 minutes for each drive, I'm cool with that against Tech. Keep away is the best strategy with this offense.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I kinda liked our third quarter drive until the end... If we can run the ball and take 8 minutes for each drive, I'm cool with that against Tech. Keep away is the best strategy with this offense.
No. They will kill us with your strategy.

For instance, baylor. One long ball in 5 seconds versus our 8 minute drive?

Who wins?

4th. down

Seems certain he is the starter vs TTU. Play calling has to be more aggressive and we gotta throw down the field more. 17 points not enough most weeks in Big 12.

We don't really know what has happened to our offense since the OSU game but the facts are, we have scored 2 offensive TD's in the last 2 games. For a high flying air raid offense, something is amiss here. Maybe Sonny Dykes was helping Sonny more than we knew.

robbroyy

The lack of deep balls were because Iowa State plays a cover 3 with main goal not to allow any deep balls. They force you to drive the length of the field.

It wasn’t because the staff is afraid to throw it deep

FrogLifeYo

The lack of deep balls were because Iowa State plays a cover 3 with main goal not to allow any deep balls. They force you to drive the length of the field.

It wasn’t because the staff is afraid to throw it deep
This is true..They are built to dare you to grind with them until you get so impatient that you throw a deep ball into triple coverage on a 3rd and manageable. Kind of brilliant if you think about it

asleep003

It is not as much about burning the clock as it is about wearing out a opposing defense.

As far as the interior OL … doubt our three 290 pounders are going to wear down too many DLs, though do agree we are better off in a hurry up the tempo, yet there are obviously times needed to slow it down,