• The KillerFrogs

Michael Collins-I guess he gets his chance now

Wexahu

It's frustrating to watch when you know they can move the ball when they do things really fast then they slow down and every stalls.

When they slow down there is all kinds of hesitating and players looking around wondering who should be in the game and where they are supposed to line up. That's what I see anyway and it's frustrating to say the least. Sometimes we even struggle to get a play off in time, which is a TERRIBLE look when you don't even huddle. 35 seconds is an eternity to stand there and look at coaches and try and figure out what to run. I know it'll never come back, but the days when an offense would break a huddle, come up to the line, and just run a play would look so refreshing sometimes.

Wexahu

If they plan to run the play clock all the way to the end, might as well get in a huddle.

Which begs the question, if you're not going to run hurry-up and you're going to substitute players in and out, why not huddle? You wouldn't tip your hand to the defense in terms of where certain players are going to be lined up, etc etc etc. and it seems like the defensive coaches would have much less time communicating with their group before the snap.

Frog DJ

WLL690927-HB.jpg
I’m not at all sure what the reference is to this concert poster, but it brought a flood of great memories of those days in the 60s when I worked at KFJZ with guys like George Erwin, Dave Tucker, Mark E. Baby and Randy Robbins!

This particular concert was cancelled at the last minute because Hendrix was “not healthy enough to perform” several tour dates in the early fall of 1969. He rescheduled the tour for the following spring of 1970, but only after he also ironed out some internal strife with members of his band.

KFJZ was a great place to work back then, with a really cool management team headed up by Stan Wilson, the general manager. Mark Stevens was one of my earliest mentors, but I think I actually admired “Big R” even more, because he was such a natural air talent. I was very fortunate to enjoy that experience.

Thanks for posting this!

Go Frogs!

FrogLifeYo

Which begs the question, if you're not going to run hurry-up and you're going to substitute players in and out, why not huddle? You wouldn't tip your hand to the defense in terms of where certain players are going to be lined up, etc etc etc. and it seems like the defensive coaches would have much less time communicating with their group before the snap.
Totally agree...If your going to go slow huddle and get the play call communicated correctly

Bob

I’m not at all sure what the reference is to this concert poster, but it brought a flood of great memories of those days in the 60s when I worked at KFJZ with guys like George Erwin, Dave Tucker, Mark E. Baby and Randy Robbins!

This particular concert was cancelled at the last minute because Hendrix was “not healthy enough to perform” several tour dates in the early fall of 1969. He rescheduled the tour for the following spring of 1970, but only after he also ironed out some internal strife with members of his band.

KFJZ was a great place to work back then, with a really cool management team headed up by Stan Wilson, the general manager. Mark Stevens was one of my earliest mentors, but I think I actually admired “Big R” even more, because he was such a natural air talent. I was very fortunate to enjoy that experience.

Thanks for posting this!

Go Frogs!
I just posted it because I was tired of reading all the BS and remembered what if 6 turned out to be 9.

Casey T

TCU's 2nd string QB vs. TTU's 3rd string QB. Here's my farm, I would like to put it on the under please and thank you.

Haha let me take the under and the damn thing will be a 52-45 barnburner

When TCU & Tech played in 2016, TCU was averaging 36 pts/game at the time while giving up 31 pts/game. Tech was averaging 50 pts/game while giving up 44 pts/game. The over/under opened at 82.5 and I bet the over thinking it was a sure thing...

We ended up finshing regulation tied at 17-17. Could not believe it, I was expecting a 52-48 type score. We had scored 109 & 107 combined points in the 2014 and 2015 matchups, but dropped to 34 that year somehow

Eight

When TCU & Tech played in 2016, TCU was averaging 36 pts/game at the time while giving up 31 pts/game. Tech was averaging 50 pts/game while giving up 44 pts/game. The over/under opened at 82.5 and I bet the over thinking it was a sure thing...

We ended up finshing regulation tied at 17-17. Could not believe it, I was expecting a 52-48 type score. We had scored 109 & 107 combined points in the 2014 and 2015 matchups, but dropped to 34 that year somehow

so you were hoping for 7 ot's