• The KillerFrogs

Meltdown in Waco

geno

Gentlemen, having been a Frog alum and supporter for more than fifty years, may I suggest that we restrain our delight at Baylor's predicament until we see how this all settles out? The big dog conferences have acted so unethically for so many years that we may yet get pi$$ed upon. Sure hope not.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(geno @ Jun 10 2010, 12:04 PM) [snapback]573737[/snapback]
Gentlemen, having been a Frog alum and supporter for more than fifty years, may I suggest that we restrain our delight at Baylor's predicament until we see how this all settles out? The big dog conferences have acted so unethically for so many years that we may yet get pi$$ed upon. Sure hope not.

We've been getting pissed upon for the last 15 years or so, no reason for that to stop now. Now sure why everybody is so thrilled with Baylor's demise. Seems to me that we're just as screwed as they are.

purplepreacher

Come on guys, do you really think we would have done anything different back in the 90s if we had been invited in the Big 12 and BU was out? Hell, no, we would be on top of the world, tickled pink to get in the big show. We need to let them in the MWC if we have a change to do so.

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 10 2010, 01:07 PM) [snapback]573741[/snapback]
We've been getting pissed upon for the last 15 years or so, no reason for that to stop now. Now sure why everybody is so thrilled with Baylor's demise. Seems to me that we're just as screwed as they are.

Even if we remain on the outside looking in, I will delight in any scenario in which Baylor is in the same position.

purplepreacher

QUOTE(HG73 @ Jun 10 2010, 11:27 AM) [snapback]573674[/snapback]
What will happen to Baylor if/when they no longer get that $7mil from the big12? Can their budget stand a broadside like that?

Hey, baby, the Baptists have plenty of green.

sous vide

QUOTE(purplepreacher @ Jun 10 2010, 01:39 PM) [snapback]573746[/snapback]
Come on guys, do you really think we would have done anything different back in the 90s if we had been invited in the Big 12 and BU was out? Hell, no, we would be on top of the world, tickled pink to get in the big show. We need to let them in the MWC if we have a change to do so.

I really doubt most Frog fans would have played the "conference smack" card against them while fielding a terrible team for a decade and a half, no. It's just not the prevailing thinking I see here. It has very much been the prevailing sentiment we've received from them.

As I said elsewhere, I won't spend 15 years actively gloating like many of their fans have. But I cannot say I'm sad to have reality smack them upside the head for once.

Heck, it might even help. The smack sure set us thinking a bit more clearly about goals, objectives and means.

FrogAbroad

QUOTE(purplepreacher @ Jun 10 2010, 11:10 AM) [snapback]573749[/snapback]
Hey, baby, the Baptists have plenty of green.

And they generally do a very good job of keeping in their pocket when the plate is passed.

50FT FROG

QUOTE(purplepreacher @ Jun 10 2010, 05:09 PM) [snapback]573746[/snapback]

if the bcs was based on women's basketball, i would wholeheartedly agree ...... unfortunately for them, it's based on football

they add nothing in that regard.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
QUOTE(purplepreacher @ Jun 10 2010, 12:09 PM) [snapback]573746[/snapback]
So what? Baylor has shoved this in our face for 15 years. Their program is now too weak to add to the MWC because it will kill chances to be AQ. That's the fact, jack. Most of the Baylorfans idiots seem to think they are a shoo-in for a MWC invite. Nothing could be further from the truth. They bring NOTHING to the MWC and deserve to spend 15 years in the wilderness of C-USA or the Sunbelt to try and revive their program to a major college level.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SMU will be asking TCU why Baylor and not us?

One thing in Baylor's favor is they used that Big 12 money to build very nice basketball, baseball and softball facilities.

Latest posts