• The KillerFrogs

Mavs/Lakers prediction thread

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
That was possibly the biggest arse kicking to oust a defending champion in the history of sports.

What a give up from the get-go by the Lakers.

The thugs should get some nice fines to add some more hurt.

The '91 Bulls did a similiar number on the 2 time defending champion Pistons...which also ended with the fallen champs pulling some rather classless moves (Rodman slamming Pippen into the basket support, the Pistons walking off the court before the game ended) in a 4th game blowout (in Detroit).

This is the 3rd time the Lakers as defending champs have been swept from the playoffs. The other 2 times were in the Finals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8442193

RaiderHater

Kobe is not a man. He had a chance to call out Odumb and Bynum BY NAME in press conference and instead he just generalized. What a (Craig James and Rod Gilmore).

I'm not a Kobe fan at all. But on the radio they said Kobe after the game went into the locker room to check on Barea and apologize for his teammates behavior. To me that's a class act, and acted like a leader. There was no need to call out his teammates by name in the press conference, I think it was very obvious who lost their composure.

weklfrog

I'm not a Kobe fan at all. But on the radio they said Kobe after the game went into the locker room to check on Barea and apologize for his teammates behavior. To me that's a class act, and acted like a leader. There was no need to call out his teammates by name in the press conference, I think it was very obvious who lost their composure.
I agree. Kobe said in post-game that the behavior has no place in basketball...ever. He seemed pretty clear about that. Everyone knew who he was talking about. I don't particularly like him but he moved up a couple of rungs on the ladder in my book. He stayed classy even though it was obvious he was deeply disappointed and frustrated with how things turned out.

2314@work

Contributor
Thanks for sharing that. I'll take back my statement on Kobe.