• The KillerFrogs

Matthew McConaughey talks UT vs TCU football at tech conference

Eight

I’m a massive massive oasis fan, but can say objectively that Noel is one of the best interviews out there. Funny dude. Doesn’t give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]e

some of his interviews about when they were first starting and writing music in their apartment in manchester are great.

oasis' music to me has a quality that you don't hear very often and i am not sure how to explain it.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Anybody seen, "Between Two Ferns"? Zach Galifianakis "interviews" MM, and goes, "Alright, alright, alright. . . No, I was just reading the reviews of you last three movies." Lol.

There's a between 2 ferns movie out now that has a bunch of interviews tied together with a silly story line that is pretty damn funny; I skipped most of the story line and watched the interviews. There's some good outtakes at the end too. Netflix

Purp

Met him once in Angelo. Has or had a ranch out that way, believe he still has it but doesn’t visit as often but I could be wrong.

Super cool, easy going, and approachable dude. I amazingly was the only one who recognized him (he looked different on that trip than his usual look.) Went up, talked for a minute and said I won’t bother and draw attention to you so you can get your stuff done. Think he really appreciated it. Very cool guy.
Same. Super chill.
My wife met him a few times growing up in Midland. Her family thinks he's awesome. His brother Rooster was out there and my wife's family knows his ex-wife really well.

I know some people from Longview who knew him there too. By all accounts he's a very cool guy. His public persona isn't much different than his real self.

steelfrog

Tier 1
He went hiking down in Big Bend NP a few years ago; the locals reported that he was very friendly/cool

It seems that as far as Hollywood types go, he's a pretty good dude.

CountryFrog

They fire OC's at Kansas.

Les Koenning scored 48 on Boston College week 3 and was fired after scoring only 20 on Oklahoma week 6.

Last year they fired Meachum, who led the Jayhawks to scoring 55 on Rutgers week 3.

Sad when KU has higher expectations for offensive production than we do.
I get where you're coming from but come on. It's fairly easy to recognize the differences between the massive number of football coaches who have been fired from Kansas over the years vs the small number at TCU and why that discrepancy exists.

It would be kind of like saying "look at all the basketball coaches that TCU has fired over the last 20 years compared to Kansas so we must have a higher standard than KU for our basketball program."

H0RNEDFR0G

I get where you're coming from but come on. It's fairly easy to recognize the differences between the massive number of football coaches who have been fired from Kansas over the years vs the small number at TCU and why that discrepancy exists.

It would be kind of like saying "look at all the basketball coaches that TCU has fired over the last 20 years compared to Kansas so we must have a higher standard than KU for our basketball program."

I think you could make a great argument for hiring a new OC after 2016, when TCU was 8th of 10 in the Big 12 in scoring offense. Or in 2017, when we put up 7 in a loss to ISU or 20 & 14 points to OU (who let up 29 PPG that year). Or in 2018, when we were 9th at scoring offense.

But those statistics don't even bother me as much as what I'm currently seeing on the field; which is the exact same plays we've run since 2014, just less effectively.

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, TTU, & Baylor all have RPO plays and wrinkles that they didn't have in 2014. We're over here running the same bubble screens. It's like we haven't had a software patch in 5 years. Everyone else has a 2019 offense, ours is a 2014 offense.

Maybe we run RPO and I've just haven't noticed, but i'm 99% sure we don't.

Chongo94

My wife met him a few times growing up in Midland. Her family thinks he's awesome. His brother Rooster was out there and my wife's family knows his ex-wife really well.

I know some people from Longview who knew him there too. By all accounts he's a very cool guy. His public persona isn't much different than his real self.

Ex-gf’s dad was business partners with Rooster. West Texas man, it’s a small world haha.

Purp

Ex-gf’s dad was business partners with Rooster. West Texas man, it’s a small world haha.
Apparently Rooster is bonkers. Named his son Miller Lite McConaughey. Not a slow coach by any stretch; just a very different kind of dude and a riot all the time.

I think you could make a great argument for hiring a new OC after 2016, when TCU was 8th of 10 in the Big 12 in scoring offense. Or in 2017, when we put up 7 in a loss to ISU or 20 & 14 points to OU (who let up 29 PPG that year). Or in 2018, when we were 9th at scoring offense.

But those statistics don't even bother me as much as what I'm currently seeing on the field; which is the exact same plays we've run since 2014, just less effectively.

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, TTU, & Baylor all have RPO plays and wrinkles that they didn't have in 2014. We're over here running the same bubble screens. It's like we haven't had a software patch in 5 years. Everyone else has a 2019 offense, ours is a 2014 offense.

We run RPO's but they appear to be pretty much based off the same route concepts as the base offense which looks more to me like years old air raid with no evolution. I think more 2007 than 2014. We're certainly not fooling anyone or even giving the defense enough to think about that we're getting much in the way of uncontested throws which is why I think several people have commented that we make everything look so hard.

What I don't see in terms of RPO or our base passing game is much application of the approach that Riley uses at OU using a route concept where motion or the concept itself provides the QB one pre-snap read to make the election between the run and the pass option or where to go with the ball out of a play in the base passing game. The OU offense gives defenses a ton to look at with their counter run game, play action off that look and multiple mesh route concepts but just about every in-depth breakdown of what they're actually doing on specific play points out the vast number which are predicated on one or two easy reads for the QB.

ATXcaliFROG

And she has been very successful in her endeavors. Go Frogs!
Thanks for the nod, guys.
And for the record, I actually understand football quite well. I'm simply a HUGE sandbagger when it comes to TCU- it's my superstition, much like GMFP messes with his shoelaces. So, yeah, were my comments accurate? On Song, no. But was having some fun with McConaughey and sandbagging, as per usual.
Have always bled purple and always will. GO FROGS!

CountryFrog

And exactly none of that supports the claim that Kansas is somehow more committed to winning football games than TCU is.

Latest posts