• The KillerFrogs

Matt Campbell

HFrog1999

I don't see Campbell leaving ISU for TCU. That's a lateral move, and his stock is hotter than that if he is going to leave ISU. Our focus area needs to be in successful G5 coaches with something to prove or DC/OCs at big time programs. I like most of the names floating around, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking we can poach from another P5 school that is successful and in a more stable conference than the Big 12 right now.

Patterson was the 10th highest paid coach in the country.

There are a lot of P5 coaches that were making less than him.

We have the money to hire a big time coach

CM Frog

oh right, fort worth is such a splendid college town coupled with the energy in that wonderful stadium week after week. :(

tcuempty359.png
Game over, last 2 minutes?

HFrog1999

I think I know which Utah game you are referring to and it was a night game against a ranked/good opponent. Go to an 11AM game vs. Kansas and see how packed it is. Then go to an 11AM game at A&M Vs. Hamburger U and see 100,000+ going crazy. That's why recruiting to TCU is so difficult. One of the best things we had going for us in recruiting was that we had a head coach that we could tell recruits was going to be their head coach until they graduated and that recruiting tool is now gone. So what makes a kid who visits other Big 12 schools want to come to TCU over those schools now? The hot girls maybe.

Hello Roddog

SackLunch

GP was generally thought I’d as a poor recruiter. And GP knew it. That’s why our staff was littered with guys who recruited better than they coached, to overcome that weakness.

Recruiting going forward will be fine.
What does TCU have that would be appealing to a recruit? Fan attendance/gameday experience-nope Good NIL options-nope Getting to take all online classes like other Pwr 5 schools-nope Chance at a national title-nope Chance at a good degree in a lot of different fields-nope Find me one thing that would appeal to a recruit that Baylor, Tech, Texas, A&M, and now even SMU doesn't do better than TCU...I'll wait.

Wexahu

What does TCU have that would be appealing to a recruit? Fan attendance/gameday experience-nope Good NIL options-nope Getting to take all online classes like other Pwr 5 schools-nope Chance at a national title-nope Chance at a good degree in a lot of different fields-nope Find me one thing that would appeal to a recruit that Baylor, Tech, Texas, A&M, and now even SMU doesn't do better than TCU...I'll wait.
This is stupid. We’ve been able to recruit good enough players. And will be able to going forward. It’s what has happened once they get here that has been the problem.

TCU_91

Basically everything you posted is polar opposite of the truth.

You are literally a waste of space

SackLunch

This is stupid. We’ve been able to recruit good enough players. And will be able to going forward. It’s what has happened once they get here that has been the problem.
We were able to get them because we had the name Gary Patterson and the tradition that came with it on our program, we don't have that anymore. So if it's stupid, tell me why and explain to me why any recruit would come to TCU instead of the other Pwr 5 schools in Texas now that GP is gone.

Wexahu

We were able to get them because we had the name Gary Patterson and the tradition that came with it on our program, we don't have that anymore. So if it's stupid, tell me why and explain to me why any recruit would come to TCU instead of the other Pwr 5 schools in Texas now that GP is gone.
We’re gonna have another coach that will be able to recruit players. SMH.

SackLunch

We’re gonna have another coach that will be able to recruit players. SMH.
It's not just the head coach that recruits a player you head shaker. There is a lot more that goes into why a kid decides to pick a school and the head coach is just one of the many factors. But let's get this new guy in here quick so we can start grabbing all of these great recruits he is magically going to bring with him.

Froggish

You realize that TCU has out recruited everyone of those schools except A&M for the last 10 years?

Froggish

With GP at the helm. How have you not figured out yet that that is the whole point?
You obviously aren’t connected to Texas High School Football. GP is tremendously respected but he’s not that well liked by many coaches across TX HSchool. The presumption that kids only come to TCU because GP was the coach is a half truth. For every kid that does that there are 20 who won’t come to TCU because of GP and his reputation. Ever notice how often we are having to go out of state and region to find talent these days? That’s while residing in the #1 100 mile radius for recruiting in all of America.

Regardless….You can’t win without high level talent and unfortunately we weren’t winning with them either. Hire the right guy and recruiting will be fine.

SackLunch

You obviously aren’t connected to Texas High School Football. GP is tremendously respected but he’s not that well liked by many coaches across TX HSchool. The presumption that kids only come to TCU because GP was the coach is a half truth. For every kid that does that there are 20 who won’t come to TCU because of GP and his reputation. Ever notice how often we are having to go out of state and region to find talent these days? That’s while residing in the #1 100 mile radius for recruiting in all of America.

Regardless….You can’t win without high level talent and unfortunately we weren’t winning with them either. Hire the right guy and recruiting will be fine.
I am very well connected to high school coaches in Texas and I don't know what you are talking about when it comes to them not liking him. Most of the coaches I talk with damn near everyday love his way of coaching and love that he is old school and still gets after them like he does. But let's just agree to disagree and hope you are right about hiring the right guy and the recruits will come because I don't think either one of us wants to see TCU go through the coaching carousel UT has been going through the last few years.

Latest posts