• The KillerFrogs

Matt Campbell

Toad Jones

Covid era or not, unless it's a Thursday or Saturday night game against a good opponent our attendance is a joke and is one of the biggest killers in our recruiting process.
Put a winner on the field and it won't be a joke. BTW FTW is a great town. Hell you ought to live in Dallas. Holy Mole.. BTW were you around when we played Utah here? Packed to the rafters and that stadium moved about two feet that day. We had a winner on the field then too.

vicarfrog

Get the best coach that isn't going to USC or LSU.

Need a big hire that shows we are a big time program.

Tech shouldn't even be a competition in this coaching hire.

"A big time hire that shows we're a big time program."

My theory is that this is what landed Texas in the Coaching Carousel of Doom.

If we're big time, we're going to take our time and do our due diligence. We're not going to panic about losing recruits or losing players to the transfer portal. We're going to get the right coach, for the right time, with a right plan. And if that leads us to a big name coach...great...if that leads us to a coach that no one ever thought of...great.

Toad Jones

"A big time hire that shows we're a big time program."

My theory is that this is what landed Texas in the Coaching Carousel of Doom.

If we're big time, we're going to take our time and do our due diligence. We're not going to panic about losing recruits or losing players to the transfer portal. We're going to get the right coach, for the right time, with a right plan. And if that leads us to a big name coach...great...if that leads us to a coach that no one ever thought of...great.
Report coming out of UT this morning saying something like we wasted 23 million dollars on this coaching staff. What a grind pit UT has and if the state of Texas reduced their funding, they might do a bettd job of administration

SackLunch

Put a winner on the field and it won't be a joke. BTW FTW is a great town. Hell you ought to live in Dallas. Holy Mole.. BTW were you around when we played Utah here? Packed to the rafters and that stadium moved about two feet that day. We had a winner on the field then too.
I think I know which Utah game you are referring to and it was a night game against a ranked/good opponent. Go to an 11AM game vs. Kansas and see how packed it is. Then go to an 11AM game at A&M Vs. Hamburger U and see 100,000+ going crazy. That's why recruiting to TCU is so difficult. One of the best things we had going for us in recruiting was that we had a head coach that we could tell recruits was going to be their head coach until they graduated and that recruiting tool is now gone. So what makes a kid who visits other Big 12 schools want to come to TCU over those schools now? The hot girls maybe.

Hemingway

oh right, fort worth is such a splendid college town coupled with the energy in that wonderful stadium week after week. :(

tcuempty359.png
Be sure to get that Uber Eats again today so you don’t get up from computer.

Toad Jones

You may be thinking of a different Sean.
Possibly so, but the relationship between and the Saints is real and the coach of the Saints did have his kids enrolled at TCU. Along with Rick Nieusel kids and the ex recent mgr of the New Yanks'. Think a couple of Hollywood people and a couple of DC political figures, too. Not bad for a dump of a small school in a dump town.

PurpleSouthpaw

I don't see Campbell leaving ISU for TCU. That's a lateral move, and his stock is hotter than that if he is going to leave ISU. Our focus area needs to be in successful G5 coaches with something to prove or DC/OCs at big time programs. I like most of the names floating around, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking we can poach from another P5 school that is successful and in a more stable conference than the Big 12 right now.

Wexahu

I think I know which Utah game you are referring to and it was a night game against a ranked/good opponent. Go to an 11AM game vs. Kansas and see how packed it is. Then go to an 11AM game at A&M Vs. Hamburger U and see 100,000+ going crazy. That's why recruiting to TCU is so difficult. One of the best things we had going for us in recruiting was that we had a head coach that we could tell recruits was going to be their head coach until they graduated and that recruiting tool is now gone. So what makes a kid who visits other Big 12 schools want to come to TCU over those schools now? The hot girls maybe.
GP was generally thought I’d as a poor recruiter. And GP knew it. That’s why our staff was littered with guys who recruited better than they coached, to overcome that weakness.

Recruiting going forward will be fine.

Possibly so, but the relationship between and the Saints is real and the coach of the Saints did have his kids enrolled at TCU. Along with Rick Nieusel kids and the ex recent mgr of the New Yanks'. Think a couple of Hollywood people and a couple of DC political figures, too. Not bad for a dump of a small school in a dump town.
Lee Greenwood, too! God Bless The USA!

tmcats

Not sure if this is legit
Realizing the leverage over his coach wasn't what it was in 2016-17, Pollard has also reduced Campbell's buyout. The coach would now owe Iowa State just $4 million should he leave for another job. That $4 million figure remains the same through the contract's Dec. 31, 2028 expiration. footballscoop

Latest posts