• The KillerFrogs

Mas Bohls

PhillyFrog

2. The vibes I'm getting on conference realignment are that Missouri will stay in the Big 12 despite a split among its curators, TCU will be invited to join, and the league will consider staying put at 10 teams because of a greater slice of the pie and the omission of those pesky conference championship games that can deny a Big 12 team a BCS bid.

The nine members' presidents will meet very soon to discuss these issues while Missouri's board convenes on Tuesday. I'm told Mizzou wants as strong of assurances as it can get from Texas and OU that they will stay in the league, which strikes me as totally reasonable but completely unenforceable.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/nine-things-and-one-crazy-prediction-1891617.html

ms19

If So....

Home:
Virginia
Texas Tech
ISU
Oklahoma
Kansas State

Away:
Smu
Okie State
Baylor
Missouri
Kansas
Texas

Looks like fun to me...

HFrog1999

+1. And HFrog1999, you have really changed your tune lately on the Big 12. No longer on board with the Big East?

Yeah, I lost faith that the Big East would be a good option last week. There were too many rumors flying around about mass defections and Notre Dame leaving. Also, the Big East has shown no signs of making a move that would save it.

I will say that I am on board with whatever the administration does.

Riff Ram

Suspect Bohls is restating the current UT position, which he should be in a position to know--Deloss still wants just 10, and to get it they are now willing to agree to take TCU, (more popular as a one-school-only option to the northern schools, for whatever reason), than BYU.

Assuming this is correct, we should be good whether they go to 10 or 12.

I'm very excited at this prospect--and I'd like to be in a conference ewith MU.

HFrog1999

Ha. You've finally seen the light. Too bad you wasted the past week or so of your life on here trying to convince everyone the Big East was the way to go.

Sir, I have wasted a lot more than one week on here.

I hope your buddies you flipped off gave you hell last week.

Also, I still maintain that if TCU turns down the Big 12, it's for a good reason. I don't think they would turn it down, but if they do, I'm not going to be pissed about it.

Just heard TIm Brando of CBS say on his radio show this morning that the only way the Frogs go to the Big 12 is if Missouri leaves. He said Deloss Dodds only softens his stance on TCU in the event Missouri leaves. He also said the Big East is in a more "advantageous" position than the Big 12 at the moment. He didn't elaborate on where he was getting his information.

An-Cap Frog

At least the OU game would not become a non-conference conference game like the Colorado/Cal game...or was that a conference non-conference game???

HFrog1999

Just heard TIm Brando of CBS say on his radio show this morning that the only way the Frogs go to the Big 12 is if Missouri leaves. He said Deloss Dodds only softens his stance on TCU in the event Missouri leaves. He also said the Big East is in a more "advantageous" position than the Big 12 at the moment. He didn't elaborate on where he was getting his information.

He must be assuming that BYU accepts a Big 12 invite.

JimSwinkLives!

I think you have to take what Brando and Dennis Dodds report with a grain of salt. Not saying that they are completely inaccurate, but that they are probably not the ones who are best situated to read the tea leaves. They are national guys who are far from ground zero on this issue. Now, if Kirk Bohls and the other long-time columnists from Oklahoma and Kansas who routinely cover the Big 12 and have been doing so for more than a decade began reporting that we're out, then I'd be worried.

HFrog1999

I think you have to take what Brando and Dennis Dodds report with a grain of salt. Not saying that they are completely inaccurate, but that they are probably not the ones who are best situated to read the tea leaves. They are national guys who are far from ground zero on this issue. Now, if Kirk Bohls and the other long-time columnists from Oklahoma and Kansas who routinely cover the Big 12 and have been doing so for more than a decade began reporting that we're out, then I'd be worried.

Bohls seems to be one of the few actual sports writers left. I remember last year he ranked TCU ahead of UT from the start when many didn't. While this year I beleive he ranked TCU lower than most. He seems to pay attention.

Curious....

Once the Big 12, Big East and Missouri have concluded their

conference meetings, when might we realistically expect to

have a definitive decision on the question of realignment? :blink:

Latest posts