• The KillerFrogs

Marcel Brooks needs surgery, probably done for the year

Gringo1873

Sad Arrested Development GIF

Nick Danger

Highly likely he will have a chance to be back for 2023, if he wants to.
On a related matter, I thought I heard on the telecast Saturday that Duggan has an extra Covid year next year, if he wants to utilize it. That's the first I hear of that and was wondering if anyone's heard if he's going to take it (if true)? If both of those guys come back next year, we could be setting up for a pretty good year next year as well.

On a related matter, I thought I heard on the telecast Saturday that Duggan has an extra Covid year next year, if he wants to utilize it. That's the first I hear of that and was wondering if anyone's heard if he's going to take it (if true)? If both of those guys come back next year, we could be setting up for a pretty good year next year as well.
God I hope he does just to watch ticketfrog have a meltdown of epic proportions

Zubaz

Pretty sure that's true.
2019 - True Freshman
2020 - Sophomore during COVID year (doesn't count against elibility)
2021 - Junior (but kinda Sophomore 2.0).
2022 - Senior (but kinda Junior 2.0).

I could be wrong on this, but I think since he's has a year left and never burned his redshirt, he could even theoretically take a redshirt next season and play in 2024. I can't imagine why he'd want to, but I think he technically could?

Wexahu

Pretty sure that's true.
2019 - True Freshman
2020 - Sophomore during COVID year (doesn't count against elibility)
2021 - Junior (but kinda Sophomore 2.0).
2022 - Senior (but kinda Junior 2.0).

I could be wrong on this, but I think since he's has a year left and never burned his redshirt, he could even theoretically take a redshirt next season and play in 2024. I can't imagine why he'd want to, but I think he technically could?
Someone on here who is usually in the know was pretty adamant a couple weeks ago that this was his last year of eligibility, but it sure seems like he could play another if he wanted to......if my understanding of the COVID rules are correct.

Everything points to this being his last year though, I haven't heard any rumblings otherwise. I think it actually sets up well with Morris and Jackson ready to battle for the spot next year. We should be fine at QB.

Zubaz

Someone on here who is usually in the know was pretty adamant a couple weeks ago that this was his last year of eligibility, but it sure seems like he could play another if he wanted to......if my understanding of the COVID rules are correct.

Everything points to this being his last year though, I haven't heard any rumblings otherwise. I think it actually sets up well with Morris and Jackson ready to battle for the spot next year. We should be fine at QB.
Agree. I am not sure what his NFL prospects are (especially if he wants to be a QB), but I'd be really, really surprised to see him in a TCU uniform next year either way.

ShreveFrog

Speedy recovery to Marcel and hope he’s back next year. As for Max, if he stays hot the rest of this year, his stock may not get higher next year since we’ll have lost the top weapons currently around him. That’s if Max wants to go pro. I don’t know if he has academic or other professional priorities.

Wexahu

Agree. I am not sure what his NFL prospects are (especially if he wants to be a QB), but I'd be really, really surprised to see him in a TCU uniform next year either way.
I think he'll make a roster. For sure he'll make a practice squad. Too good of an athlete for someone to not give him a chance at it for a few years at least, and it's not like he's a terrible passer, just needs to keep improving.

Yes he does, at this moment I don't believe they are expecting him back.