• The KillerFrogs

Lupton upgrades?

Eight

I hope TCU upgrades Lupton soon. The over flow crowd was great but the seating area for the general admission is terrible. I know the situation was a unique one but I hope a plan exists for better viewing for the overflow crowds in the future.

sure as soon as someone(s) are willing to write the checks donati will be wiling to start discussing renovations, but aside from the funding is that the biggest priority for the baseball facility

FloridaFrog76129

Centerfield bleachers or seatback bleachers appear to be the only quick expansion. Perhaps 500 seats there would help.

I think families enjoy the right field BYO chair thing so they won’t change that.

Is the waiting list for baseball seats multiple years? I have not seen discussion on that…

4 Oaks Frog

but is that as critical and have the same roi as adding diced onions to the concession stands and a better beer selection?
Understand your sarcasm…I think. But, I don’t care for diced onions and if the beer is cold and taste like beer, I’m happy. However, I would like to has seat to put my fat ass in…
GO FROGS
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Seating is not an issue for 99% of games IMO. Most games during the season have plenty of open space.

Expansion of the concourse for walking purposes would be #1 fan improvement. It was the best thing about the AGCS renovation. Not sure the space for that is possible without a complete tear down?

I can’t speak for the GA areas because I was in my seats. But considering the sheer size of the crowd, I though they did a great job trying to minimize wait times. I only missed 1 inning taking my kid to the bathroom and loading up snacks, and that’s mostly because she decided that was a good time to drop a duece.

FloridaFrog76129

Seating is not an issue for 99% of games IMO. Most games during the season have plenty of open space.

Expansion of the concourse for walking purposes would be #1 fan improvement. It was the best thing about the AGCS renovation. Not sure the space for that is possible without a complete tear down?

I can’t speak for the GA areas because I was in my seats. But considering the sheer size of the crowd, I though they did a great job trying to minimize wait times. I only missed 1 inning taking my kid to the bathroom and loading up snacks, and that’s mostly because she decided that was a good time to drop a duece.
We have fans hanging off the rafters to set attendance records and you think double wide concourse walking space is the #1 need?

I’ll have what you’re drinking this morning…

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
We have fans hanging off the rafters to set attendance records and you think double wide concourse walking space is the #1 need?

I’ll have what you’re drinking this morning…
The school could have capped GA tickets at whatever number they wanted.

And let me amend to say “concourse” in my mind also includes the bathrooms, placement of concession, etc.

Last edited:

tcuwags

Can’t remember where this was - one of the super sites. Maybe something similar. Seats down the first base line, but keep the right field party berm out there. It’s a fun spot when it’s packed.

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpeg
    IMG_1030.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69

Moose Stuff

It would happen tmmrw if the funding is there. In reality, as much as we all love Lupton, it is a C-USA/MWC stadium (and was built to be the premier of such).
While I agree that we either need a new stadium or massive upgrades to the current one there is no comparison to be made between Lupton and any of the stadiums in those two leagues with the exception of maybe DBU and Horner only seats like 3,800.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The first super regional at Disch-Faulk Texas had a grass berm down the third base line. That was tough on the back. A couple of years later they filled it in with seats.