• The KillerFrogs

Lupton upgrades?

NewFrogFan

Carol Burnett Fourth Wall GIF
You got “me”……

Deep Purple

Deep, u would know this. How much can TCU expand on all sides of campus. Seems to me its boundaries are now very limited. Q: location of new facilities, and will future facilities be multi levels, say four/five stories? And a long, long time ago, didn't TCU offer to build a new Paschal High school for exchange of property?

One day, I can see the campus on the south side of Berry, where retail now stands.
Apologies in advance for the overlong response, but you asked several complex questions. TCU expansion to the west and north is restricted by neighborhood agreements with Colonial Hills, Tanglewood, Overton, University Place, and Park Hill. Plus, those are very high-dollar properties. Ironically, their value is greatly inflated by the presence of TCU.

Regarding the level of campus structures, there was once an unwritten rule that no facility would be built higher than the spire of Carr Chapel. That restriction was tossed aside with the construction of the on-campus Grandmarc student apartment complex, which is not only five stories, but has a tall tower. Likewise with the construction of the on-campus Hyatt Place TCU hotel, which is six stories.

To the east, University Methodist Church blocks TCU from expanding right up to Paschal HS. That church isn't really growing, but does seem to retain a healthy, stable membership. As those parishioners age and dwindle in numbers, it's always possible that the United Methodist Church may decide to amalgamate that congregation with a healthier church elsewhere and sell the existing property -- but that's unforeseeable and nothing TCU can plan around. There is still some limited room for TCU growth on East Campus, but all other campus sections are nearly chock-full. I have no knowledge of any past TCU offer of a property swap with University Methodist. I do know TCU owns several Fort Worth properties that are not proximate to the main campus.

IMO (and I don't have access to all the information), the only realistic prospect for future TCU expansion lies to the south across Berry/Bellaire. Westcliff and Bluebonnet Hills have become hot neighborhoods over the past decade, but the property values are still fairly reasonable. The Byers-McCart area is pretty rundown and shabby with a lot of criminal activity, so the property values there haven't risen like the other neighborhoods surrounding TCU. TCU expansion into that area would not only be economical, it would further increase property values in nearby neighborhoods and rid the city of a high-crime district. It would also make campus life safer for TCU students.

Last edited:

Deep Purple

Kirk is first and foremost a good man, obviously knows how to guide young people to be the best possible player on the field. Yes, I think we have ourselves a good baseball coach and believe we'll see a continuation of success.
In his 2023 in-game dugout interviews, Kirk Sarloos emerged as the star coach of the College World Series. Twitter seems to be full of college fans of every stripe saying how much they enjoyed his friendly commentary, his sense of humor, and his cool, even demeanor. He represents TCU better than any coach in any sport in recent memory.