• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock A-J: TCU holds off No. 5 Tech for second win in three-game series

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU holds off No. 5 Tech for second win in three-game series

Staff Reports

FORT WORTH — Kurtis Byrne went 3 for 4 with two runs batted in and River Ridings recorded his Big 12-leading 10th save despite a controversial finish as No. 26 TCU beat No. 5 Texas Tech 4-3 Friday night, taking the first two in a three-game baseball series.

Tech (27-11, 7-4) lost its third game in a row and sixth in nine games. With two outs in the ninth inning and the bases loaded, plate umpire Seth Buckminster appeared to call Ridings for a balk.

But the crew overturned the call, and Ridings got pinch hitter Trevor Conley on a grounder to second that ended the game.

The series finale is scheduled for 2 p.m. Saturday.

Read more at https://news.yahoo.com/tcu-holds-off-no-5-040350089.html

PurplFrawg

Administrator
From what I heard and read from Raider-people last night....which wasn't that much...they pretty much blame their team and to an extent their coach (primarily for sending up a sub .100 pinch hitter). They knew it wasn't a balk.
and the best part is that they just signed Tadlock to what amounts to a lifetime contract!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Tadlock is a very good baseball coach. Just fans being pissy.
I'm still a little baffled by the immediate post-game hostility at the Umps. We've all seen barking from the dugouts, but charging them and bumping them as they try to get off the field is a new one for me. And with a game yet to go!

Tadlock has been in the game long enough to know that won't do him any good. Not now, and especially not in the long run.

Pharm Frog

I'm still a little baffled by the immediate post-game hostility at the Umps. We've all seen barking from the dugouts, but charging them and bumping them as they try to get off the field is a new one for me. And with a game yet to go!

Tadlock has been in the game long enough to know that won't do him any good. Not now, and especially not in the long run.
Did he really make contact with an ump? If so he’ll be suspended. But sometimes we think umps will remember and revenge and yet sometimes they’ll give you the next close call. I think the ump retribution thing is far over-blown.

As for me…I’d be far more inclined to hold a grudge against a coach that calls offensive timeouts and instructs pitchers to throw over 8 times while he gets a relief pitcher warm. Being yelled at for a judgment call…not so much unless he crossed a line with language, time, or physicality and then you just get tossed and get to view on ESPN+ for awhile.

ftwfrog

I don’t understand that one either. They trying to show their players how scrappy they are? What are they going to do if they aren’t being held back, get into a wrestling match?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don’t understand that one either. They trying to show their players how scrappy they are? What are they going to do if they aren’t being held back, get into a wrestling match?
Like the comedian making fun of the people in the bleachers standing up to holler at a game: "Don't make me come down there!"