Dos Juanitos on Hemphill

Sammy Food Store in South Arlington

Los Juanitos in North Richland Hills

Los Albertos in Hurst

Tres Betos in North Side

Birria y Cortez over by Texas Wesleyan

06DallasFrog

I haven't been to Taco Bell once since I started going to Taco Casa

Taco Casa is like the In N Out Burger of Mexican Fast Food. Small menu, but high quality and done well. Taco Casa also consistently has amazing employees on the level of In N Out or Chick Fil A too
I think there are a few on this board that might read your post and take it to mean that Whataburger is the Taco Bell of fast food burgers...

OICU812

I haven’t been to Taco Bell since getting high as scheiss in high school and going to the one on Strawberry Road because they were the only thing open so late.

Dogfrog

It is my understanding that the original Caro's is in McAllen, and is still in bidness. I am planning on visiting friends down there in a couple of weeks, and shall report my findings...
Wasn’t aware of that. Should have said original location in Fort Worth. I ate at that location as a kid in the 60’s

Dogfrog

In my search to confirm the Caro’s on Curzon, I ran across this very long and unbelievably comprehensive article on Texas Mexican food and Mex restaurants. From a 1977 Texas Monthly, when it was still worth buying. Turns out his Fort Worth favorite was Caro’s on Curzon.

Taco Casa is like the In N Out Burger of Mexican Fast Food. Small menu, but high quality and done well. Taco Casa also consistently has amazing employees on the level of In N Out or Chick Fil A too

Taco Casa is not a drivable food, which defeats the purpose of fast food. If I have to go through a drive through and then pull over and eat a burrito then it's not worth my time.