• The KillerFrogs

Longhorns Wire: Casey Thompson receives crystal ball prediction for TCU shortly after entering transfer portal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Casey Thompson receives crystal ball prediction for TCU shortly after entering transfer portal​

151bf1e63881f72fa32a7ddfd01b28d3

Kevin Borba

Just moments after entering his name in the NCAA transfer portal, there is already a prediction as to where former Texas quarterback Casey Thompson will end up.

The now former Longhorns quarterback, who had already entered his name into the transfer portal earlier in his career, did so again with the makings that this one will not end in him returning to Austin.

Minutes after Thompson’s name appeared in the transfer portal, a 247Sports crystal ball prediction was entered in favor of TCU for his next landing spot.

Read more at https://news.yahoo.com/casey-thompson-receives-crystal-ball-221017940.html

I think Casey Thompson would want to go someplace where it is more likely he would start. I do not think Dykes can tell him he would be the favorite at TCU, but rather at best on equal footing with Max, and Morris; and there is Sam Jackson and Trent Battle too. Is Thompson worth possibly chasing away any of the current prospects to the portal?

I would bet on Duggan getting the starting spot next year, unless Dykes can find a golden arm. He is a tough leader, very good runner, and should throw 65 percent completions next year.

I am curious about Sam Jackson—he is small but showed his very quick feet. I have a feeling he is going to be good someplace in P5.

Last edited:

Wog68

I think Casey Thompson would want to go somewhere with a greater likelihood of starting. I do not think Dykes can tell him he would be the favorite at TCU, but rather at best on equal footing with Max, and Morris; and there is Sam Jackson and Trent Battle too. Is Thompson worth possibly chasing away any of the current prospects to the portal?

I would bet on Duggan getting the starting spot next year, unless Dykes can find a golden arm. He is a tough leader, very good runner, and should throw 65 percent completions next year.

I am curious about Sam Jackson—he is small but showed his very quick feet. I have a feeling he is going to be good someplace in P5.
I'm thinking that the big German kid will be in the mix.

PurpleBlood87

I think Casey Thompson would want to go someplace where it is more likely he would start. I do not think Dykes can tell him he would be the favorite at TCU, but rather at best on equal footing with Max, and Morris; and there is Sam Jackson and Trent Battle too. Is Thompson worth possibly chasing away any of the current prospects to the portal?

Jackson has a lightning quick release.

NewFrogFan

Next fall this list will be smaller.

asleep003

Stat wise, Max and Casey look almost equal, with Max a slight edge.
'The Football Database' also had Max with 3 points better rating.
Suggest if Max says he wants to firmly stay... I'd give Casey a pass.
Though Sonny may see something beyond the data.?.

Last edited: