• The KillerFrogs

LaMichael James on TCU

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
http://www.kgw.com/n...-113022384.html

In an interview (above) he says this about TCU:

Q. One of the announcers said you almost went to TCU, though?

LAMICHAEL JAMES: I did.

Q. Can you talk about that a little bit.

LAMICHAEL JAMES: That's a funny story that I really don't want to bring up. There is a reason I didn't go to TCU, and I really did like TCU.

LAMICHAEL JAMES: I can't do that. I will tell you after the game.

Hopefully we get the rest of the story sometime next week. Good luck to LaMichael!

stell91

This sounds like it could be really interesting... Hopefully the reporter actually follows up on this because I'm DANG curious.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Later on he talks about the cleats...

Q. TCU has the same cleats in the Rose Bowl. Some of them are having traction problems.

LAMICHAEL JAMES: I noticed that, too. Hopefully the new filling will help us out a little bit. We have a couple pairs of cleats.

Q. TCU didn't bring backup. Do you have all your old cleats with you, a backup pair?

LAMICHAEL JAMES: We have some backups

NYSR

Isn't it obvious? He needed a new car for college along with a bunch of electronics for his dorm. AQ teams are known for giving players whatever they want, TCU wasn't willing. Same reason why Josh Huff went there.

(I'm not being serious btw, although I won't deny they probably decked him out in Oregon sweatshirts, pants, bags, gear, etc like they did with Huff during their visit. But there is no way that would be a determining factor)

I'm with whoever said the AQ status, it seems like that's a pretty obvious reason for him, especially before the NC game. I would've loved James, I think he's the best RB to go into the NFL since Adrian Peterson and the 2nd best this past decade when I really started exclusively following the NFL Draft. He's unreal, and would fit TCU's system absolutely perfectly.

But if we had James, what would our record be this year? I can guarantee you that it wouldn't be any better than 13-0.

Purple Geezer

Isn't it obvious? He needed a new car for college along with a bunch of electronics for his dorm. AQ teams are known for giving players whatever they want, TCU wasn't willing. Same reason why Josh Huff went there.

I think it was the Oregon weather. He wanted to wear a rubber suit the year around.

(I'm not being serious btw, although I won't deny they probably decked him out in Oregon sweatshirts, pants, bags, gear, etc like they did with Huff during their visit. But there is no way that would be a determining factor)

I'm with whoever said the AQ status, it seems like that's a pretty obvious reason for him, especially before the NC game. I would've loved James, I think he's the best RB to go into the NFL since Adrian Peterson and the 2nd best this past decade when I really started exclusively following the NFL Draft. He's unreal, and would fit TCU's system absolutely perfectly.

But if we had James, what would our record be this year? I can guarantee you that it wouldn't be any better than 13-0.

texasrobster1997

Most obvious, but excellent point on this thread!

Dtx_Frog_Fan

If James were playing for tcu Oregon would have more than likely lost to cal other things equal and he would be playing for a national championship wearing purple on Monday.